Is anyone else less invested in this season than normal?

Cal

8 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

I really miss the extensive camp write-ups (was it GunnerBill or Astro or...) which would go through every element of every play of 11-on-11, 7-on-7, etc. Whoever did those -- while I'm sorry I forget who it was -- thanks and know they are missed. 

Was Astro.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yes but the fringes of society never talked to each other at all before. If they had, it would have been just as polarized then. I tend to think most Americans are moderate and that social media makes things appear worse than they really are.

That last bit is a fact.   Political power mongering organizations paint the opposing party as radical to scare their half of the bell curve to vote. 

Social media has made it easier to organize. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

I have gone from being a fan to more like just being curious.  Won't be the end of the world to not catch a game now and then.  I was a season ticket guy for 30some years, dropped a couple of years ago.  The political stuff turns me off, I always went for the football. (didn't care about the Jills either, don't miss them at all)  Political statement and T&A are not what I am interested in.......

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

This BLM BS has me not wanting to watch any football at all.  The only games I plan on watching this year are the two Jet games, which I'm obligated to because of very close friends, and the Super Bowl if we get there. 

Aside from that, I'm out on this season and have zero respect for the commissioner and the league for supporting such BS and funneling it down my throat.  No thanks. 

I can completely understand how you feel. And here is the thing: When it comes to the political angle to sports, this isn't about 'oh I dont agree with them Im Republican' there is no balance at all: Sports recently has generally proven they are siding with the far left, and pretty strongly.

All we want is balance folks. And to enjoy sports. This should not be this difficult.

Edited by Like A Mofo
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, 716er said:

There is not a far left party with any power in America. 

Nor is there a far right party with power.  The bulk of the population is somewhere in the middle, some leaning more liberal on certain issues and vice versa.  But the loons on the fringes of both sides yell the loudest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Prickly Pete said:

Okay, let's say "Until I hear them disavow Black Lives Matter the organization, I won't watch".

Many (most?) of the players certainly donate and openly support BLM. 

***** em.

Sadly, I bet many do not know the difference between the concept and the organization. That’s terrible, but I bet it’s true. 

Edited by Augie

...Yeah.  I'm more excited than ever for this season.

Sure, I don't like politicizing anything, or not being able to be at games. However, neither are avoidable at this point, and I wouldn't expect as large an operation as the NFL to ignore racism or a global pandemic. Some issues permeate all of society- even sports (I don't know why sports would be untouchable, anyway). I don't have a problem with Armed Forces Month observance; Breast Cancer Awareness Month observance; 9/11 ceremonies; employing security guards to prevent drunk people from entering the stadium with guns and, potentially, killing people; etc. 

Certainly, none of that gets in the way of my excitement for football. I'd give mine and @Logic's firstborns for a Bills Super Bowl win. Who TF wouldn't?

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

This BLM BS has me not wanting to watch any football at all.  The only games I plan on watching this year are the two Jet games, which I'm obligated to because of very close friends, and the Super Bowl if we get there. 

Aside from that, I'm out on this season and have zero respect for the commissioner and the league for supporting such BS and funneling it down my throat.  No thanks. 

Of all the things to turn people off to their favorite sport is a movement that asks for equal treatment in society.  The horror. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

...Yeah.  I'm more excited than ever for this season.

Sure, I don't like politicizing anything, or not being able to be at games. However, neither are avoidable at this point, and I wouldn't expect as large an operation as the NFL to ignore racism or a global pandemic. Some issues permeate all of society- even sports (I don't know why sports would be untouchable, anyway). I don't have a problem with Armed Forces Month observance; Breast Cancer Awareness Month observance; 9/11 ceremonies; employing security guards to prevent drunk people from entering the stadium with guns and, potentially, killing people; etc. 

Certainly, none of that gets in the way of my excitement for football. I'd give mine and @Logic's firstborns for a Bills Super Bowl win. Who TF wouldn't?

Willing to give away other people’s babies...now THAT’S fan hood!

29 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

I can completely understand how you feel. And here is the thing: When it comes to the political angle to sports, this isn't about 'oh I dont agree with them Im Republican' there is no balance at all: Sports recently has generally proven they are siding with the far left, and pretty strongly.

All we want is balance folks. And to enjoy sports. This should not be this difficult.

It's weird you don't see the irony of asking for "balance" when that's exactly what the movement and players are asking for from our society. 

Edited by Max Fischer
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Nor is there a far right party with power.  The bulk of the population is somewhere in the middle, some leaning more liberal on certain issues and vice versa.  But the loons on the fringes of both sides yell the loudest.

Um,  what now?

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Willing to give away other people’s babies...now THAT’S fan hood!

"Yeah, sure, it's adorable.  Looks just like you. ...and it's going to the Football Gods.  Sorry, I know your baby is 'important' and all, but this is SERIOUS."

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Haha (+1) 1