Is anyone else less invested in this season than normal?

Cal

I was, there was really no offseason to speak of, but now that football is nine days away I am ready to go.   It will be weird not seeing fans in the stadium but having pizza and football on a Sunday again will be one of the more normal things to happen all year.  

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

I've not enjoyed sports at all, really. Wasn't even watching them before the whole BLM stuff.

In fact, I am not sure id really care of hear much about sports in my day to day, if it were for all the political stuff they are pushing. 

Still, I'll watch the Bills and snuck a Sabre game or two into this 2020

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I was, there was really no offseason to speak of, but now that football is nine days away I am ready to go.   It will be weird not seeing fans in the stadium but having pizza and football on a Sunday again will be one of the more normal things to happen all year.  

football is 9 days away!!?? That is nuts!!

i do think the buildup hasn’t been there due to no TC and preseason, and risk of covid hanging over the season. But hopefully the normal excitement returns once they kickoff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I watch sports to be entertained and be a diversion from the stresses of life.  Taking stances on social issues and politics during sporting events is a turn off for me.  Not watching the NBA with Black Lives Matter obnoxiously painted on the  basketball court and won't be tuning in if players kneel during the National Anthem.  Could be handled much better if there would simply be a moment of silence before  the start of every professional sporting event.  Just my opinion

For those who have trouble compartmentalizing entertainment and adult social issues at the same time..., it’s time to put on your big boy pants and root for the Buffalo Bills like you have never before in your life rooted for the Buffalo Bills!!! Opportunity is knocking on the door of your favorite team! After how many years of miserable? and your easing out the side door now? Well I don’t even know what to say about this.... except this , GO BILLS!!! ????  ? ??????????????

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

and won't be tuning in if players kneel during the National Anthem.  Could be handled much better if there would simply be a moment of silence before  the start of every professional sporting event.

I'll watch double for you.

What's the moment of silence for?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

football is 9 days away!!?? That is nuts!!

i do think the buildup hasn’t been there due to no TC and preseason, and risk of covid hanging over the season. But hopefully the normal excitement returns once they kickoff.

With the lack of preseason games, it would have helped me get excited if there had been MORE training camp coverage, not less. People say this guy had a good camp, and that guy did not. I don’t know where that comes from. I don’t know the new guys, and I’ll never see most of them unless someone gets hurt....so I hope I never see them! 

I get people feeling “different” this year, but I’m not less excited. Unfortunately, I’m certainly less informed. 

• Like (+1) 1

I said it in another thread but it is strange. I’m probably less invested than any season that I can remember. At the same time, I believe that the Bills are a Super Bowl contender. This team is deep and really, really good. I think that there’s just less consumable information and no chance to see the team before. I’m sure it will pick up moving forward but I don’t even know the starting OL 12 days before the season. It’s just different and I don’t like it. 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm even more invested than usual because this is the first year of the millennium that I think the Bills are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. I worry that the season will get derailed by the virus but until it actually happens I'm not going to let it ruin my excitement.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cal said:

I don't know. I'm not as excited for football as normal. Maybe it's the political bs that we are going to have to see, listen too before and after each game or the other stuff we have to deal with nowadays. Also the no preseason and games with no fans.

We've had season tickets for 50 years in my family, will be the one of the first ones in when they allow any amount of fans. I really don't care as much. We've seen the NBA ratings are not great with limited sports on. People may be fed up and sports is no longer a outlet. Is it just me? 

Nevertheless. Go Bills!

I have literally NEVER been more excited for football.  With everything in the world seemingly falling apart, being basically stuck at home trying to balance work with kids at home and out of school, I cannot think of another year where I needed Bills football this badly.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I've never been more desperate for some gad damn Bills football than this stupid year...

Also this. I'm lucky enough that my professional life has not been disrupted at all by the pandemic but man it's been a boring year. Football Sunday will make things feel somewhat normal again.

2 hours ago, Cal said:

I'm like you man. I'll watch the Bills only probably 

Yep. Can’t wait for Bills games, and I may also watch any other games that directly impact the Bills playoff chances in a given week, but that’s it. No more watching all day Sunday, Sunday night, Monday night, and most especially Thursday night zzzzzz. Of course, I will watch by stream as usual to rip off the NFL and not give them any ratings. :thumbsup: