Will Bills’ Mafia still show up at the home opener to tailgate?

Tipster19

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yeah, but in this example its the pneumonia that is the equivalent of COVID. When that person dies, would you say the Cancer or the COVID killed them? 

Joe Diffy had stage 4 lung cancer, but he died from Covid

No Bills fans, no tailgate, Orchard Park Town Board announces

The reason? If there are no fans allowed in the stadium, the Erie County Department of Health will not permit any tailgate activities.
09ff7d2a-9d57-462e-a597-68c33c6a94ab_1920x1080.jpg

Published: 4:31 PM EDT August 19, 2020
Updated: 11:31 PM EDT August 19, 2020
Facebook Twitter

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — There will be no tailgating at Bills game, according to the Orchard Park Town Board on Wednesday night.

The reason? If there are no fans allowed in the stadium, the Erie County Department of Health will not permit any tailgate activities.

That could change going forward, however, according to County Execctive Mark Poloncarz. 

"If NYS allows fans to attend Bills games, tailgating will be allowed, but with restrictions to protect the public. Currently NYS does not allow attendance at any pro sports event. Thus tailgating in public and private lots will depend on whether fans can attend the games," he said in a tweet Wednesday night.

The Orchard Park Town Board announced that news during a public hearing on Wednesday night, when they aimed to decide on tailgating and whether it should be allowed to go on in private residential and commercial lots surrounding the Bills' complex in the fall.

Several local restaurants and bars had also requested permission to set up tents on their properties. 

The Bills' first home game against the New York Jets is now less than a month away, on September 13.

Councilman Conor Flynn sent 2 On Your Side an email last week, noting that after hearing from residents and business people and state and county officials, he is recommending that tailgating should be allowed to go on in private residential and commercial lots surrounding the Bills complex during the upcoming season.

Councilman Gene Majchrzak last week saud he was willing to go along with tailgating for now but with a quote "short leash" to revoke any permit if there is a problem.

The dissenting note came from Supervisor Patrick Keem, who said it's estimated that the town must cover about $10,000 in police costs for every home game.

9c2d8fa5-01ce-4d64-8ce6-5446107b6c09_1920x1080.jpg

Related Article

Edited by cd1

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them got together elsewhere, but it's not happening in it's traditional form. 

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

November 4th

I give it a couple of weeks after for the initial fallout alone. 

There will still be people coming to see if any private lots are hosting "viewing parties with their friends".  But will the private lot owners risk not being allowed to get a permit to have parking by letting people tailgate? That is the question. 

6 minutes ago, uticaclub said:
15 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Rhetorical question; when WILL it be safe to tailgate again? ?

November 4th

Rhetorical question:  Why are so many who are so vocal about safety, so unwilling to take measures to ensure it?  Perhaps your answer will determine how well you handle November 4. 

The lots will be closed and I expect a heavy police presence will be around in case people try so they can end it quickly. The village of OP already said no to private lots and I doubt they will allow any wiggle room along with the team.

13 hours ago, eball said:

The players really seem to like it. What’s the problem?

OLD is the problem....

So...we can go to Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, eat outside, get our hair cut outside, workout outside, etc.... but can't watch football outside? I wonder if food is there will it be allowed? Just have a BBQ going to go with your coldbeer. Sounds right to me. ?‍♂️

16 hours ago, RiotAct said:

lol, yes it was fully a tongue-in-cheek post.

And look, I get that no tailgates isn’t a big deal whatsoever in the grand scheme of things.  Neither is not being able to go to games in person.  It just sucks because there’s been hundreds of little “not that big of a deal”s piling up over the last six months.   Couple that with the government arbitrarily picking winners and losers when it comes to these things and..... yeesh.

And yeah I know, WWII ration lines, first world problems, stop complaining, yadda yadda.

I have no pity for this type of crap. Awww, you need to wear a mask and stay home to save people's lives? Aww, poor little you. Awww, lots of stuff piling up? Stop whining. Try living through this with cancer, getting radiation, having a suppressed immune system, and being petrified everytime you go outside that some maskless selfish moron gets too close and potentially KILLS YOU. Awww. Don't talk to me about hundreds of "no big deal" things. 

I'll give you "yeesh." Man up.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I think their poor health/genetics killed them ultimately. You can actually help your body resist many diseases by staying fit. I'm no expert on death but I think it is rarely a singular thing that leads to it, there is a domino effect of systems crashing. Acurately reporting the deaths' circumstances is important for future data analysis when faced with the next heath crisis.

Garbage. Covid kills people with preexisting conditions who normally would be able to live for many years with them. I stayed VERY fit. Still got cancer.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Agreed.

I'd love for these people to meet their great-great grandparents who would smack the mess out of them.

It's not really my thing either but c'mon man. Let the kids have their fun.

Except when their fun can easily KILL someone. Screw that, it's a ridiculous notion. How about teaching the kids to care for their fellow man? Wouldn't that be more productive than letting the selfish idiots "have their fun?"

• Like (+1) 1

Why cant private lots have tailgates? Isnt it their property? If the tailgate was kept under whatever Cuomos public gathering number is (50? 100?) then how can cops justify shutting those down? 

I dont care either way so dont go attacking me, I just dont legally understand how these could be stopped. 

7 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I've read a study where 94% of COVID19 deaths were due to comorbidity as opposed to sraight up COVID19 deaths.

I would say fans should be able to tailgate, and quite frankly attend games. We work in offices with recycled air, and only wear masks when within 6 ft, tailgating and game attendance is outdoors...

Where's the study? Link?

That is complete bunk. Do you even know what co-morbidity is?

Go to the CDC website. If you look at total excess deaths compared to total expected deaths, you get a significant jump. Over 10%, and some weeks 20%. To break it down, way more people are dying overall in 2020 than would have in a normal year. And this doesn't even count people who don't die but are debilitated from the disease.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Attending games and tailgating would stupid, and dangerous to people who are at risk because a game or a tailgate could easily increase the spread of the disease. We don't need selfish acts like that. Just because you are healthy doesn't mean you can't pass it on to someone who isn't.

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, todd said:

Except when their fun can easily KILL someone. Screw that, it's a ridiculous notion. How about teaching the kids to care for their fellow man? Wouldn't that be more productive than letting the selfish idiots "have their fun?"

The #BillsMafia hashtag kills people?  That's what that response was about.