The NFL Follows Suit With "Social Justice" Message

H2o

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

WOW! that is "groundbreaking!  must have lotsa deep thinkers there 

Wow, you asked the question and I answered it.  Had you made through the first post in this thread before popping off about BLM like a confused old man you could have saved yourself the embarrassment.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Wow, you asked the question and I answered it.  Had you made through the first post in this thread before popping off about BLM like a confused old man you could have saved yourself the embarrassment.  

Whoa! "a confused old man" ? nice! thanks for the insult! and yea im :"embarrassed" such a perceptive  individual  .. you a comedian per chance? 

IMO messages like this are not necessarily for old people set in their way.  If it helps reinforce the sentiment with some younger people then

it is well worth it.  

That's not to say older people can't change but it's less likely.  My old man who would of been 91 this year sure changed his views!

If by "End Racism" they truly meant everyone should remove their racial bias, then I would be fine with this message. But this is aimed at white people, so it becomes very divisive. We shall see if the "Get Woke, go broke" fallout is strong enough to take a chunk out of the NFL.  Get your popcorn ready. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's not to say older people can't change but it's less likely.  My old man who would of been 91 this year sure changed his views!

My father was the same way. When I was younger I heard the jokes and the typical derogatory remarks. Then, when I was 17, he asked me how I would feel if he went on a date with a black woman? I told him whatever makes him happy. I also told him I had already been dating a few black girls in hs and he didn't need my approval anyway. From that point on, for the rest of his life, all he dated was black women and that included two marriages before his passing. He completely changed. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, H2o said:

Personally, I don't stand with BLM for reasons that I will not divulge into because this is not PPP. I don't have a problem with these in the endzone though. You can't be mad at "End Racism" and "It Takes All Of Us". Any person who cares about his fellow human beings shouldn't see color to begin with. It does take all of us being responsible for and carrying ourselves in that manner. 

I think this is a smart move by the NFL.

The message is positive and they don't alienate anyone by associating with the Black Lives Matter group.

• Like (+1) 3