Jets Falling Apart Health-Wise Prior To Week 1

H2o

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

Most Jets fans are convinced that this type of injury rash is happening all over the league.

If anyone they know had or has COVID and they get injured, CDC considers this to be a COVID related injury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, eball said:

This.  And the players notice and know it.  That center they put in last year is SOTA and I believe it is NO coincidence at all that the Bills are a healthier squad.

And a happier squad. There’s a reason why they have no difficulty attracting FA talent. Players want to get and stay healthy, both in the near and long term.

The Bills are arguably the best in the league at making that a reality 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

No, I don't believe so. It was mentioned that they don't have to be specific yesterday with Fred Warner of the 49ers being put on the Covid list. 

So if your playing in a FFL how do you know if you can put a guy on the Covid IR if the NFL doesn’t tell you a player is out with Covid?

54 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Most of those folks for the Bills are back today, including Kroft, Spain, Brown, and Jefferson.

Most of the Jets injuries are already on the field doing sideline work and/or individual drills or expected back soon. They have no more or less than the Bills do. This topic just seem ill-informed.

Edited by jeremy2020

26 minutes ago, eball said:

This.  And the players notice and know it.  That center they put in last year is SOTA and I believe it is NO coincidence at all that the Bills are a healthier squad.

Good point.  I think knowledge of all of that is around the league and it may help in attracting free agents to Buffalo also.  As others have pointed out, something changed with the Bills in a positive way.

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

So if your playing in a FFL how do you know if you can put a guy on the Covid IR if the NFL doesn’t tell you a player is out with Covid?

It's my understanding that there is a separate Covid19 IR list for players testing positive on in close contact awaiting results.

So yes everyone will know who is on it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Jets have lost some key pieces, but this latest is relatively minor.  Yeah, the linebacker will mist the game with the Bills, but the others look like day to day injuries, the kind every team is dealing with.  The Bills are going to crush them in any case.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Every team will be dealing with this. No real offseason, no preseason games. Their will probably be more injuries than usual because of it.

And with fewer players and practices NFLPA will say preseason was safer and the training camps and preseason games should be eliminated.

50 minutes ago, Logic said:

I've been reading Jets forums and camp reports just about every day.

Most Jets fans are convinced that this type of injury rash is happening all over the league. I disagree. While there are lots of soft tissue injuries so far this year, I haven't seen any other team suffering the same level of bad injury luck as the Jets so far.

I remember when it used to happen to the Bills every single year, and I thought it was just dumb luck. Then the Bills brought in a completely new strength and conditioning staff and nutritionists and spent a bazillion dollars building state-of-the-art training and rehab facilities at One Bills Drive. Lo and behold, Bills players stopped getting injured at such high rates -- knock on wood. 

Anyway...in 12 days, the Bills actually get to play these jokers. It's gonna be a laugher.

It was not every single year until 2003 or so.

Bills USED to have some of the best conditioned players due to Rusty Jones but then he was "promoted" away from players and got tired of being in front office.  Ruben Brown who saw what Rusty did told Chicago Bears to bring him there and he left promotion to go back to old job with Bears and their players got healthier.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And with fewer players and practices NFLPA will say preseason was safer and the training camps and preseason games should be eliminated.

You are right about that. But these players need the reps and practice/preseason games to get back into "football shape" Getting used to hitting or being hit. I do think the preseason is to long. I wouldn't mind them cutting back to two preseason games in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been scouting the threads/practice reports on the Jets Nation forum for the past week or so and while their current injury list is long, it sounds like they are expecting a lot of guys back before the season begins to be fair.

Poole and Van Roten are back already, Mims and Desir are expected back by end of the week, Perine's injury wasn't as serious as originally feared etc. The missed reps especially by rookies like Mims and Perine have to take a toll though. And if Maye and Perriman miss Week 1, those would be significant losses for them. 

With such a weird off-season, continuity is that much more important. Injuries aside, the Bills having the most continuity in the league compared to the Jets' turnover is a major advantage in our Week 1 match-up.