ESPN top 100 season prediction - 2 Bills make it

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Since you asked - Thomas, Hopkins, Hill, Jones, Evans, Adams, Beckham, Godwin, Allen, Golladay were ranked higher - so he came in #11. Thielen, AJ Brown and Ju-Ju were the next three. He had a legitimate case to be ranked as high as #7 ahead of Beckham, Godwin, Allen and Golladay - but could also have been ranked after the next three at #14.

The stat cited in the article is

Ju-ju being on the list is kind of gross. As soon as AB left he disappeared. We will see this year I guess but he’s not one of the top 100 players in football today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Ju-ju being on the list is kind of gross. As soon as AB left he disappeared. We will see this year I guess but he’s not one of the top 100 players in football today.

Yes he did not do well in 2019 - but most observers appear to attribute it to not having Big Ben throwing to him rather than the absence of AB.

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yes he did not do well in 2019 - but most observers appear to attribute it to not having Big Ben throwing to him rather than the absence of AB.

I 100% believe it is more AB than Ben. Deandre Hopkins dominated before Deshaun. Gordon has 1,600 yards with Weeden, Campbell and Hoyer. Great receivers dominate regardless of who is throwing the ball. They get the ball in their hands and make plays. I know that the Pittsburgh QB situation wasn’t good but Ju-ju was MIA. He’s not a top 100 player today. He needs to earn his way back onto that list. 

There were other receivers in there too between Diggs and the end of the list (Kupp and Lockett). Also, Bowen votes Edmunds as the “player not on the list this year but is a lock next year.”

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Since you asked - Thomas, Hopkins, Hill, Jones, Evans, Adams, Beckham, Godwin, Allen, Golladay were ranked higher - so he came in #11. Thielen, AJ Brown and Ju-Ju were the next three. He had a legitimate case to be ranked as high as #7 ahead of Beckham, Godwin, Allen and Golladay - but could also have been ranked after the next three at #14.

The stat cited in the article is

Seems fair. I think of him in top 10 ish territory... 

thanks for the intel

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

There was some debate on who was at fault - but here it is from Gilmore himself - they were in MAN Coverage!

https://twitter.com/NickBSharp/status/1208816570287284224/photo/1

Yep there were plenty of plays his last year here that fans blamed Gilmore for that were actually the safeties. But that one was on Gilmore and he owned it.

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I 100% believe it is more AB than Ben. Deandre Hopkins dominated before Deshaun. Gordon has 1,600 yards with Weeden, Campbell and Hoyer. Great receivers dominate regardless of who is throwing the ball. They get the ball in their hands and make plays. I know that the Pittsburgh QB situation wasn’t good but Ju-ju was MIA. He’s not a top 100 player today. He needs to earn his way back onto that list. 

There were other receivers in there too between Diggs and the end of the list (Kupp and Lockett). Also, Bowen votes Edmunds as the “player not on the list this year but is a lock next year.”

AB was the best receiver in football. When teams are committing 3 men to him I reckon I could play opposite and rack up a few catches.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep there were plenty of plays his last year here that fans blamed Gilmore for that were actually the safeties. But that one was on Gilmore and he owned it.

AB was the best receiver in football. When teams are committing 3 men to him I reckon I could play opposite and rack up a few catches.

Antonio Brown is a total whack job but there was a period of time where I thought he was the best player in football. He was completely unstoppable despite a ridiculous amount of attention. There was a 6 year span where he AVERAGED 114 catches, 1,524 yards and 11 TDs!!! He missed some games and put up those numbers!! That’s the greatest stretch a WR has ever had.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Antonio Brown is a total whack job but there was a period of time where I thought he was the best player in football. He was completely unstoppable despite a ridiculous amount of attention. There was a 6 year span where he AVERAGED 114 catches, 1,524 yards and 11 TDs!!! He missed some games and put up those numbers!! That’s the greatest stretch a WR has ever had.

Complete maniac but i feel like that stretch is a very underappreciated stretch of pure dominance. His level of production with the attention he received from D's truly was astounding.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, King Allen of New York said:

Well, technically yes - but, Gilmore wasn't the closest defender in coverage for that TD.  The closest defender for that long TD was McCourty.

True.  Because Gilmore got cooked.  McCourty has to take Smoke.  He was Gilmore’s man.

The problem with these lists is it is a bit of a popularity contest not as much geared to reality. JJ Watt is listed as the 39th best player for example yet he has played one full season in four years and miss half of last year. If JJ is fully healthy sure maybe he is that good, BUT he is 31 coming off of years worth of injuries. I think he is a Top 100 guy but not that high. Also look at some of the teams listed and its your NFL media darlings PIT, GB, DAL, etc... Tremaine Edmunds is certainly worth of being Top 100 but gets overlooked because of market. The fact Hyde at least or Poyer is not on there kinda shows the same thing especially since around the league they are considered a Top 5 safety duo.

In the future I could see Edmunds, Dawkins, Hyde, Allen, and Oliver crack the list (not all at once) if the team keeps winning.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:07 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I just posted that being on an NFL media darling team PIT gets you on these lists. No way he is Top 100 and truthfully the hype for PIT's offense is funny. I think they will be decent and not bad like they where with Ben out, but he is an older QB and the weapons are not what they were. The defense is more the strong point now.

• Like (+1) 1