Barnwell - Bills biggest achilles heel

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I don't really mean to single you out,  but it has to be said. You say "ESPN says..."  But WHO on ESPN? They have seemingly dozens of different announcers, analysts, etc giving opinions. ESPN almost never speaks with ONE voice and makes proclamations. Their employees do make statements however, and they have varying opinions. 

So can you give us a name? Supply a link? At least tell us where you heard/read/saw it?

With that said, it's hard to argue with the "if he improves...if he doesn't" outcomes. I think he'll be just fine.

ALERT: Two Bills Drive says Josh Allen will be just fine in 2020.

USA Today Sports.  Who really cares who said it - - is it true in your mind??

7 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I don’t think someone remembers RJ or JP very well. They may have fooled us briefly at first but both were literally unable to process coverages or feel the pass rush. Josh is already miles better than those examples

I disagree about the ability to process coverage schemes and feel the pass rush!  He's too raw!

OP, both you and SI are correct. I also need to see Allen making quick and correct decisions and deliver well placed throws. His progress in 2019 was ok, but not nearly enough. He needs several more 'steps' of the same magnitude before I will be convinced. Make no mistake. If we had a QB the caliber of Mahomes, we'd go 19-0.

PS We don't need to restrict threads that begin with statements critical of Allen. If you don't like it, go ahead and start another Allen is an MVP thread. Besides, if you read the quote from SI, it's very balanced.

Edited by GreggTX

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I always wanted to see a mod approval kinda probation thing until you’re a proven thread starter. Maybe 10 good threads and no more approvals needed. Most of our guys post news, some post fun topics to debate. Others are trolling and want attention or drama. 
Could eliminate most of the worthless threads this way while giving the quality guys free will to continue posting. 

I have 10+ "good threads" with over 100 replies to each one.  That's the truth

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I always wanted to see a mod approval kinda probation thing until you’re a proven thread starter. Maybe 10 good threads and no more approvals needed. Most of our guys post news, some post fun topics to debate. Others are trolling and want attention or drama. 
Could eliminate most of the worthless threads this way while giving the quality guys free will to continue posting. 

see response above!

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Per ESPN:  "Allen has still started only 27 career games, so while this is a critical year, it’s hardly out of the question that he’ll continue to improve. If he takes a step forward as a passer and continues to be one of the league’s most effective rushing quarterbacks, the Bills should be able to win the AFC East and host a playoff game for the first time since 1996. If he drags an excellent defense down, he could become the next Mitchell Trubisky."

I don't care about Trubisky at all but I do have a feeling that the Bills 2020 season depends on Allen's STABILITY at QB. 

In my eyes he's still a Rob Johnson or J.P. Losman hybrid.  Great, strong arm with the ability to run.  BUT,  so herky jerky in the pocket and unpredictable in his decisions when under pressure.

I hope I'm wrong but I need proof!!

Bills pocket broke down faster than any other in the league last year, tied with a few others. The wr group is improved, give him time in the pocket to find these guys and he will be better, everything is harder when you are constantly scrambling. For everyone thinking our offensive line was pretty good last year, they weren't.

6 minutes ago, LB48 said:

I have 10+ "good threads" with over 100 replies to each one.  That's the truth

see response above!

100 replies means jack.. 

Replies don’t make it a quality thread 

Hahahahaha will the bills use 16 practice squad spots has 50+ replies silly goose. Is that a good thread?  
Riddle me this Batman, how many threads are breaking news? Quality discussion? 
And in my comment it would be 10 good moderator approved threads, ya know ones that bring quality content to the board not hearsay opinion bulls***

Edited by Rc2catch

12 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Bills pocket broke down faster than any other in the league last year, tied with a few others. The wr group is improved, give him time in the pocket to find these guys and he will be better, everything is harder when you are constantly scrambling. For everyone thinking our offensive line was pretty good last year, they weren't.

I agree about the OL last year.  But, they're all back!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LB48 said:

I agree about the OL last year.  But, they're all back!

For better hopefully, cohesiveness and hopefully the addition of Williams leads to improvement. If Williams is good at rt and Ford is good at guard this line will make a big jump. The continuity alone should help.

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

For better hopefully, cohesiveness and hopefully the addition of Williams leads to improvement. If Williams is good at rt and Ford is good at guard this line will make a big jump. The continuity alone should help.

Agreed. 

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm not sure how anyone could argue with this objectively. Going into the season he's a QB at the bottom 3rd of the league. We've all seen the potential for him to be more than that, but he has to put it together.

Thank you for being realistic and not scorching me!

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm not sure how anyone could argue with this objectively. Going into the season he's a QB at the bottom 3rd of the league. We've all seen the potential for him to be more than that, but he has to put it together.

I don’t know if I’d agree with that.   Going off of this list:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-monson-ranking-all-32-starting-quarterbacks-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

... I can only say I’d definitely take #s 1-10 and #12 over Allen at this point in their careers.  Obviously his stats are one thing, but those don’t tell the whole story.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

I don’t think someone remembers RJ or JP very well. They may have fooled us briefly at first but both were literally unable to process coverages or feel the pass rush. Josh is already miles better than those examples

I don't think Josh does well at all processing post snap. He holds the ball far too long. That hopefully changes.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

People need to quit being so defensive. He's not even saying mean or unreasonable things about Allen. 

In fact, he's mostly talking up how good the rest of the team around Allen has gotten & crediting the Bills Front Office for piecing together such a great roster. Basically boils down to it's all on Allen now to take the next step, that's it.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t know if I’d agree with that.   Going off of this list:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-monson-ranking-all-32-starting-quarterbacks-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

... I can only say I’d definitely take #s 1-10 and #12 over Allen at this point in their careers.  Obviously his stats are one thing, but those don’t tell the whole story.

I think that list has him too low. The absolute highest I could put him would be #20 right now assuming Newton and Murray were flipped. I'm more inclined to put him at 22-23.

4 hours ago, LB48 said:

Thank you for being realistic and not scorching me!

Honestly, I think it speaks to the amount of QB talent in this league more than it does about him not being good. Compared to seasons past, most of the NFL has competent QB play with only a handful of youngsters as unknowns.