Barnwell - Bills biggest achilles heel

4 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I believe he's already gotten better, dare I say leaps and bounds from where he was this time last year.  I know its only been training camp, and an abbreviated one at that, but everything my eyes show me is a more confident, more accurate, more decisive quarterback.  By all accounts his deep ball is better, he's really taken command of this offense, and he's making better, quicker decisions with the football.  I'm excited to see how he performs this year.  And the best thing about it all, to me at least, is that he has ZERO excuses if he doesn't get better.  He has a PLETHORA of offensive weapons now plus a solid if not excellent offensive line to protect him.  It's put up or shut up time for Josh Allen, and my gut tells me that he WILL rise to the occasion.  

Have you been spying at Bills practices that fans aren’t supposed to be attending?

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Get your pitch forks out BillsMafia!

If you uneducated people on here don’t know who Achilles is....he had big muscles with long, blonde and flowing hair.  No dude could take him in a fight.  Yet he was only hooking up with an average girl in the movie Troy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29772260/20-contenders-2020-nfl-season-20-big-weaknesses-ranking-achilles-heels#buf

It's Always Josh.   

Show em what you got Mr Allen.!!!

Barnswell  that was clearly BS

Allen has still started only 27 career games, so while this is a critical year, it's hardly out of the question that he'll continue to improve. If he takes a step forward as a passer and continues to be one of the league's most effective rushing quarterbacks, the Bills should be able to win the AFC East and host a playoff game for the first time since 1996. If he drags an excellent defense down, he could become the next Mitchell Trubisky.

Why did he (and many others) fail to mention his record?

15-12-0

Faker Mayfield the eh hem better QB.....  12-17-0

Sam Darlold  the eh hem better QB....  11-15-0

The other Josh 3-13-0 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

Josh is the key. Barnwell is correct. I love Lamar's game, but I don't think he is the same QB outside of that Greg Roman system. Lamar's skill set and Roman's offense are tailor made for each other. Josh took a very nice step forward from year one to year two. If he takes the same type of step from year two to year three then the NFL is on notice. The kid is also as clutch as they come, being tied for the league lead last year in 4th Quarter comebacks. Whenever there is a big moment Josh seems to play his best football. He still makes some crazy mistakes at times, but those got fewer and further between as the season progressed last year. I'm hype about #17 and think we are in for a hell of a season ladies and gents.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, teef said:

i think this comes up 3-4 times a week.

Who is hotter?  John Cleese or John Oliver?

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Royale I have already told you I am shooting at Stefon Diggs and not willing to drop any lower than Matt Milano. That is the kinda territory I am working in....

I have a feeling Stefon Diggs and Matt Milano are 3 miles away and you're shooting a snub nose pistol.

We just traded for Andre Smith....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Gee, I didn’t read the article and I’m going to guess he said - gasp - Josh Allen! What a shocker. 

Exactly.   That took all of two seconds to think of and offers nothing more than the hundreds of other hot takes we've seen this summer...

In spite of the Allen comment, which everyone knows is the biggest questionmark.  Its nice to see "The Bills have a Super Bowl-caliber roster if you ignore the quarterback position, owing to both star-level talent such as Tre'Davious White and Stefon Diggs and staggering depth along the line of scrimmage."  

When have we ever had "staggering depth".  This year we may see 8-10 cuts get immediately picked up by other teams. Beane you are doing your job. 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It's Always Josh.   

Show em what you got Mr Allen.!!!

Barnswell  that was clearly BS

Allen has still started only 27 career games, so while this is a critical year, it's hardly out of the question that he'll continue to improve. If he takes a step forward as a passer and continues to be one of the league's most effective rushing quarterbacks, the Bills should be able to win the AFC East and host a playoff game for the first time since 1996. If he drags an excellent defense down, he could become the next Mitchell Trubisky.

Why did he (and many others) fail to mention his record?

15-12-0

Faker Mayfield the eh hem better QB.....  12-17-0

Sam Darlold  the eh hem better QB....  11-15-0

The other Josh 3-13-0 

Mitch Trubisky after his second year:

15-11-0

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Exactly.   That took all of two seconds to think of and offers nothing more than the hundreds of other hot takes we've seen this summer...

I know.  And I'm not even saying he's wrong -- I'm just sick of reading it.  We all know the QB needs to take the next step, and we don't need anyone telling us we should worry about having "the next Trubisky" on the roster.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Josh is the key. Barnwell is correct. I love Lamar's game, but I don't think he is the same QB outside of that Greg Roman system. Lamar's skill set and Roman's offense are tailor made for each other. Josh took a very nice step forward from year one to year two. If he takes the same type of step from year two to year three then the NFL is on notice. The kid is also as clutch as they come, being tied for the league lead last year in 4th Quarter comebacks. Whenever there is a big moment Josh seems to play his best football. He still makes some crazy mistakes at times, but those got fewer and further between as the season progressed last year. I'm hype about #17 and think we are in for a hell of a season ladies and gents.  

It's a full buy-in.  Good TE's, speed outside, and multiple running backs.  Lamar helps with the big splashes and chunks, but they'll run it all day if you can't stop them.  Their backs had almost 400 carries and almost 2000 yards.  Thats a 5 YPC average and tacked on 14 TDs.  Just a bunch of solid o-linemen doing work.  Losing Yanda hurts for sure, but they still have good players.  I think LJ has some of that juice in the backfield to buy time to make stuff happen, but he also had really good deep ball touch a year ago.  Especially on PA.  

Solid defense all-around too.  I do wonder if the pass rush, and loss of a gamer like thomas on the back end will hurt them a bit there though.  Their total yardage numbers do have the benefit of the fewest plays executed against them because of the ToP advantage.   They also blitzed the most in the NFL, and were somewhere near the bottom of sacks/hurries.