Barnwell - Bills biggest achilles heel

Get your pitch forks out BillsMafia!

If you uneducated people on here don’t know who Achilles is....he had big muscles with long, blonde and flowing hair.  No dude could take him in a fight.  Yet he was only hooking up with an average girl in the movie Troy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29772260/20-contenders-2020-nfl-season-20-big-weaknesses-ranking-achilles-heels#buf

• Haha (+1) 10

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you uneducated people on here don’t know who Achilles is....he had big muscles with long, blonde and flowing hair.  No dude could take him in a fight.  Yet he was only hooking up with an average girl in the movie Troy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29772260/20-contenders-2020-nfl-season-20-big-weaknesses-ranking-achilles-heels#buf

He looked like brad Pitt I've been told

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

HEY...Rose Byrne is well above average sir.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It was actually a pretty fair assessment. 

I agree but barnwell just HAD to throw in that Trubisky drop at the end. I don’t know for sure, but I definitely know for sure he throws that in just to dig at the cortexes of those low brow bill$ mafia types.

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I agree but barnwell just HAD to throw in that Trubisky drop at the end. I don’t know for sure, but I definitely know for sure he throws that in just to dig at the cortexes of those low brow bill$ mafia types.

Well, first two years of their respective career arcs are pretty damn similar, except Trubisky was better.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, first two years of their respective career arcs are pretty damn similar, except Trubisky was better.

It's like the same career arc as almost every QB, except some of them go on to continue to get better and others don't.

Not that good year 1, better year 2, etc.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's like the same career arc as almost every QB, except some of them go on to continue to get better and others don't.

Not that good year 1, better year 2, etc.

True. But with a lot of notable exceptions - strong rookie year, sophomore slump. Dak Prescott comes to mind.

Hey, I'm glad you didn't get all defensive like some people. Josh and Trubisky (especially Trubisky) looked ready to move into that franchise QB category after Year 2. You just never know until you know.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Bill is generally right.  If the Bills didn’t have an elite defense this team would have probably been 7-9 last year, at best.   Can the defense maintain that pace yet again?

Josh has to get better. 

I believe he's already gotten better, dare I say leaps and bounds from where he was this time last year.  I know its only been training camp, and an abbreviated one at that, but everything my eyes show me is a more confident, more accurate, more decisive quarterback.  By all accounts his deep ball is better, he's really taken command of this offense, and he's making better, quicker decisions with the football.  I'm excited to see how he performs this year.  And the best thing about it all, to me at least, is that he has ZERO excuses if he doesn't get better.  He has a PLETHORA of offensive weapons now plus a solid if not excellent offensive line to protect him.  It's put up or shut up time for Josh Allen, and my gut tells me that he WILL rise to the occasion.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Bill is generally right.  If the Bills didn’t have an elite defense this team would have probably been 7-9 last year, at best.   Can the defense maintain that pace yet again?

Josh has to get better. 

Diggs should help as we all were saying last year we're missing that explosive play maker at WR that will open up the rest of the offense.  No excuses for Allen this year.