Final Vote—All States, Progress in counting

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

41 was a weak candidate who ran a poor campaign.  Especially without Lee Atwater available to run his campaign. 

Ah, the famous Willie Horton ad.  If it wasn't for Atwater's impact/legacy I'd argue we wouldn't have Trump.

2 hours ago, Gary M said:

Trump's Unfavorables Spike, but Clinton's Challenged, Too (Poll) - ABC News

It's not a good sign when you're banking on a second miracle as Trump should be at least within striking difference given he's an incumbent.  Maybe we'll get another October surprise like the Weiner laptop.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

What's your point with this picture from 2016?

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's not a good sign when you're banking on a second miracle as Trump should be at least within striking difference given he's an incumbent.  Maybe we'll get another October surprise like the Weiner laptop.

if you believe the polls you are sheep.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I guess we should change the forum to just pp then.

I always felt that referred to polls we put up here.

The world has changed a lot sicne I joined this site 19 years ago,

10 hours ago, Gary M said:

if you believe the polls you are sheep.

polls are half science and half art. Both are interesting and most pollsters try to get things right. I love the science and analysis behind them. 

On election night I watch the following two reporters who live and breathe numbers

Harry Enten is a Senior Writer and Analyst for CNN Politics, where he specializes in data-driven journalism, covering politics with a focus on poll numbers and electoral trends.

Steve Kornacki is a National Political Correspondent for NBC News & MSNBC, reporting on the latest political developments across all platforms. For MSNBC’s election coverage, Steve consistently provides real-time analysis of voting patterns, exit polls, and electoral data. Additionally, Kornacki is the author of “The Red and the Blue: The 1990s and the Birth of Political Tribalism” 

• Like (+1) 1

‘My people fought for the right to vote’: With a surge of emotion, Black Americans rush to the polls

Brionna Holiday and her mother, Juanita, and father, James, review election material as they wait to vote outside a polling site at North Carolina Central University on the first day of early voting in Durham, N.C., on Oct. 15.
Brionna Holiday and her mother, Juanita, and father, James, review election material as they wait to vote outside a polling site at North Carolina Central University on the first day of early voting in Durham, N.C., on Oct. 15. (Cornell Watson/for The Washington Post)
Oct. 18, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. EDT
Add to list

A 72-year-old voter in Dayton, Ohio, said, “I’m angry about everything.” A retired veterinary technician in Detroit said she voted for one reason only: “Donald Trump. To make sure he’s not reelected.” A federal employee who waited in line for 10 hours in suburban Atlanta explained simply: “I have three Black sons.”

Two weeks before Election Day, Black Americans have voted in striking numbers, helping to drive historic levels of early voting as mail ballots have flooded election offices and people have endured huge lines to cast ballots in person across the country.

In interviews in 10 states where early voting is underway, Black voters said this year’s presidential election is the most important of their lifetime — some calling it more consequential even than 2008, when those who were old enough went to the polls in record numbers to make Barack Obama the country’s first Black president.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/17/2020 at 1:20 AM, SDS said:

polls are half science and half art. Both are interesting and most pollsters try to get things right. I love the science and analysis behind them. 

I agree. I think the current struggle is partly due to acquiring a truly representative sample base compounded by getting dishonest answers from said base. It's tough, especially with how easy it is to ignore/block unknown numbers from the calling side of it.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I agree. I think the current struggle is partly due to acquiring a truly representative sample base compounded by getting dishonest answers from said base. It's tough, especially with how easy it is to ignore/block unknown numbers from the calling side of it.

Anything can still happen. Trumps base is fired but so are Dems. Biden over that 50% mark though 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Anything can still happen. Trumps base is fired but so are Dems. Biden over that 50% mark though 

I saw some coverage on a survey recently that said roughly 5% of liberals and roughly 10% of conservatives are dishonest in political polling. Might not seem like much, but that discrepancy is not negligible. 

And yes, I do see the irony in looking at polling statistics about people lying in polls 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I saw some coverage on a survey recently that said roughly 5% of liberals and roughly 10% of conservatives are dishonest in political polling. Might not seem like much, but that discrepancy is not negligible. 

And yes, I do see the irony in looking at polling statistics about people lying in polls 😂

It will be interesting to see how the polls matched the actual vote count after the dust has settled