Final Vote—All States, Progress in counting

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Meanwhile, Georgia will be called by the skin of our teeth. 

Ya, probably within 2500 votes either way. 

Biden seems like a small favourite based off where the remaining votes will come from. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Based off the numbers, Biden is going to get fewer votes in Philadelphia County than Hilary which seems crazy given that total turnout is up all over the state. 

Sounds like Republican voter fraud based on the evidence required by some posters here.

29 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Based off the numbers, Biden is going to get fewer votes in Philadelphia County than Hilary which seems crazy given that total turnout is up all over the state. 

Wasserman saying that Erie County should go Biden which will be a good bellwether for the rest of the state. 

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Sounds like Republican voter fraud based on the evidence required by some posters here.

Yes, the voter fraud that's *checks notes* giving Biden a very narrow victory, no supermajority in the house and letting the Republicans keep the senate. It's some serious coping. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This country is no where near capable of properly securing an electronic election, let alone with online voting.

Maybe after we replace the dinosaurs in office who can't even use email and still refer to the internet as "a series of tubes", we might be able to look that way.

As it stands, you're asking your grandparents to configure their own router.

edit: not to mention a certain Senate Majority Leader who refuses to vote on any of the election security bills already on his desk.

Mail-in voting has been successful and safe since1864 when soldiers in the Union armies helped sweep Abraham Lincoln to victory.  That's 156 years of Presidential elections.  Moreover, at least 3 states have been doing primarily mail-in voting for several years .  The counting process probably needs to be changed in some places, notably where counting doesn't start until election day or later but I have no problem with states that allow absentee ballots postmarked on election day to arrive after election day.   Mail in voting works.  Fine tune it on the state level.

As a retired IT professional, I totally agree that the US doesn't havt good enough cyber security to allow online voting.  More importantly for me, I feel that going to an online voting system would disenfranchise many of the elderly and any other people who aren't comfortable with technology as well as the poor who don't have access to technology as well as those who live isolated areas where access to the Internet isn't practical for many reasons.

I think the expansion of early in-person voting is the best way to get more people to vote in person (and facilitate faster vote counting) but the mail-in/drop box option should remain available as well as in-person election day voting.

50 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Ending the electoral college would mean the GOP never wins the White House ever again.

No, it would mean that the GOP would have to move to a position somewhat to the right of center if it wanted to win the presidency rather than espousing far right views that are not popular with the bulk of the electorate but are with its ever narrowing base.   The Democrats learned that lesson already.   Biden is a  centrist, and his stances are somewhat left of center despite GOP rhetoric.  A good example of this is the health care issue where seventy percent of Americans repeatedly say they want a health care plan that guarantees people with pre-existing conditions are covered.   Biden and the Democrats have such a plan that would improve many of the problems with the ACA but the only thing the GOP has offered is getting rid of Obamacare and vague promises that they'll protect people with pre-existing conditions after the election if only people vote for them.  

There would have to be some mechanism to deal with the eventuality that a third party candidate would be competitive, so that the winner would have to get a minimum percentage of the popular vote -- and what to do in the case that no candidate got that minumum.  I would say probably 40%.  Lincoln got only slightly less than that IIRC in 1860 in a four way race.  I believe that Bill Clinton got around 40% of the popular vote in a three way race in 1992.  Most of the candidates haven't gotten 50% of the popular vote because of votes cast for minor party candidates since Ronald Reagan in 1984.

We aren't a collection of isolated quasi-independent states with very different cultures like we were in 1789.   We are one country with 50 political divisions plus a federal district and a territory that vote for POTUS where the differences within states are often bigger than the differences between states (primarily rural vs urban), thanks largely to mass communication technology.  The Electoral College has never worked to prevent a "demagogue" from being elected POTUS:   Andrew Jackson was elected in 1828 (and he surely fit the description of demagogue as the framers of the Constitution thought of demagogue fifty years before).   It hasn't worked to prevent crooks and incompetents from winning the presidency.     All it does is make some people's votes worth more than others depending solely upon where they live.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

We have voter fraud!!!! In Nevada, Trump voter tried to vote twice. Only voter fraud in NV discovered so far.

Should that be surprising?

He did, after all, tweet something to encourage his supporters to vote twice.

Could it be that his better than expected performance is due to this happening all over the place?

He might want to ease up on the litigation, as it could come back and bite him in the bum. ;)

31 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Trump is going to speak at 6:30.

Should be a meltdown for the ages. 

Possible Civil War starts in minutes.  Stay tuned for more details.

19 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Should that be surprising?

He did, after all, tweet something to encourage his supporters to vote twice.

Could it be that his better than expected performance is due to this happening all over the place?

He might want to ease up on the litigation, as it could come back and bite him in the bum. ;)

He most certainly did tell them to do that, but as you know he's totally against voter fraud

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Trump is going to speak at 6:30.

Should be a meltdown for the ages. 

Pass.... I am not expecting any gracious comments now, and no concession from Don even after every scribble is counted and he sues every state that did not side with him.

They are going to have to drag him out of the White House kicking and screaming. Been an embarrassment his whole tenure, why even try to salvage a shred of dignity now.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Pass.... I am not expecting any gracious comments now, and no concession from Don even after every scribble is counted and he sues every state that did not side with him.

They are going to have to drag him out of the White House kicking and screaming. Been an embarrassment his whole tenure, why even try to salvage a shred of dignity now.

I'm anticipating a huge temper tantrum.

He's going to whine and complain about everything he thinks is going against him, spew numerous lies, say the election is rigged and completely embarrass himself.

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

Trump is late. Know why? Because a-holes always are late on purpose, just to show how much of an a-hole they are. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I'm anticipating a huge temper tantrum.

He's going to B word and complain about everything he thinks is going against him, spew numerous lies, say the election is rigged and completely embarrass himself.

Fox is speculating he will clap m the polls suppressed turn out 

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Sadly, you are probably correct.  If Trump wasn't batshit crazy, he'd be interested in salvaging some shred of his reputation for history but that's too much to expect from Covid Donnie.