I can't stand WGR

EndZoneCrew

I am all fired up hearing about the Schobel signing (5 yr 23 mill) and I turn on WGR yesterday on the ride home and all I hear are people saying he is not worth it....give me a damn break...if they don't sign him...everyone complains and they say we let another good pass rusher go for nothing...to be honest, the price was modest for a pass rushing DE....good job TD!!!!!

well, we expect him to get 12 sacks this year, maybe more. and with the amount other DEs have gotten in the off season, a DE who can consistantly get 10+ sacks costs alot in FA. hes young, and can pass rush, as well as tackle. he has increased in sacks every year he has been in the league.

hes not a DE that got 16 sacks his first year, and hasnt done anything since ("the freak" for example).

he got paid a good amount, but not to much, and we expect him to be there for a long time.

I agree.....btw......I still get sick to my stomach when Jerry Sullivan opens up his big yapper....that guy is such a tool....I am suprised his head can fit in that studio, that guy is sooooo full of himself :doh: That guy should never be allowed on radio, at least when I read the paper I can just skip his articles!

I agree.....btw......I still get sick to my stomach when Jerry Sullivan opens up his big yapper....that guy is such a tool....I am suprised his head can fit in that studio, that guy is sooooo full of himself  :lol: That guy should never be allowed on radio, at least when I read the paper I can just skip his articles!

23126[/snapback]

I can't stand that guy either. Someone should tell that moron to stick to basketball and baseball and let a real man cover hockey and football. Mike Schope has become a complete annoyance as well. I used to like him when he was at WNSA.

I can't stand that guy either. Someone should tell that moron to stick to basketball and baseball and let a real man cover hockey and football. Mike Schope has become a complete annoyance as well. I used to like him when he was at WNSA.

23152[/snapback]

Schopp does get on my nerv as well, seriously I think the only people I really enjoy listening to are brad and Jeremy and they are hardly on

WGR is Mailing it in. Every morning there excuse for not talking about sports is the Bills or the Sabers are not playing. It just doesn't stand up. I am surprised that these guys advitise that they are a sports station and then talk about politics. I am surprise that they think they have a right to be a sports station and feel they have a right to influence our political system just because they are on the air.

They are very dissapointing to me and every morning I listen and wind up turning them off because they are not putting the effort into making their station and morning show one of the best in the country. The lack of pride in their jobs shows.

If you are going to use a sports station to talk about local, state and federal politics then at least be honest about it.

Beleive me if ESPN did this, ( and they do at times) I would feel the same way. The excuse that people are not interested in anything but the Bills and the Sabers is a cop out.

It is your job to make them interested. Local sports, High School games, college games, Men and Woman sports on all levels should be talked about. Make segments on different things every day of the week so word of mouth gets around and you would be surprise what would happen. Don't make these segments the whole show, I turn on the station at certain times to hear certain people and would leave the station on if a follow up segment was going to have some value.

We are not interested in your personal lives or personal politics we are interested in sports.

Now that you have a Monopoly you have a new responsibility to do what you advitise. SPORTS ,SPORTS, SPORTS !!!!!

I haven't come across more than a small handful of posters on this board who enjoy that station. The combination of pure unfounded negativity and lack of football knowledge on the station is nauseating. The big problem is that many of us are such Bills diehards that we will suffer to listen just because it's the only game in town. I would imagine if we took the 90% of posters on this board who think the programming sucks on WGR and sent a group email or petition to the management of the station, they might listen. Then again, who knows? It seems that management drives the controversial BS on the station.

Yeah, I listened for about 10 minutes yesterday and had to shut it off. Sure, I expect idiot callers like "Jerome" who ranted and raved that they didn't extend Jennings and was basically a complete as*wipe, but even Bulldog was extremely negative. If they were truly a sports station, they'd know that the Bills approached ALL THREE of our major free agents for next offseason and tried to get extensions worked out. Schobel was the ONLY ONE who bit. Jennings has made it clear many times that he wants to play ball in Atlanta and he's going to see if they're interested. You can't sign a guy who doesn't want to be here. We saw that with Peerless. So before WGR manufactures yet another controversy they should realize the knowledgeable Bills fans out there will see through their half truths. The station really caters to the brain dead "Jeromes" of the world unfortunately. B)

I completely agree with pretty much everything being said. I do miss Brinson in the morning because at least he was amusing when he wasnt talking sports (which he did most of the time). Shoop and Bulldog, well they're just sad, they are completely negative, and I find myself constantly turning them off because I am annoyed with the whining they do. They are very annoying. I really miss 107.7 and hope something happens. WGR if you are reading this, get rid of your radio personalities. Nobody wants to hear about a lame ass bachelor party when their intent is to hear sporting news.

I was told by a fellow poster, that you can all complain about them FACE to FACE, since WGR will be at Hammer's before every home game. :lol:

23245[/snapback]

That's great and all, but individual complaints will have zero results. A large group such as I don't know, this whole board :devil: would fare much better IMO.

I'm just repeating what was posted here after I was complaining about the quality o f WGR.

23253[/snapback]

Oh I know.. I think I remember reading that thread in which it was suggested to you. I guess I'm responding as much to those who would advise you to complain in person as I am to you.

:lol:

I hate to say it, but I think the reason some people say Schoebel isn't worth it is because he's white. Most stud players at that position are black. I'm not saying racism, exactly...just that being a white player at a power position like that, people think you aren't as good.

PTR

I hate to say it, but I think the reason some people say Schoebel isn't worth it is because he's white.  Most stud players at that position are black.  I'm not saying racism, exactly...just that being a white player at a power position like that, people think you aren't as good.

PTR

23306[/snapback]

I agree....I mean Tom Waddle was looked in the same way, but white WR's get no "respect" man! :lol:

I was told by a fellow poster, that you can all complain about them FACE to FACE, since WGR will be at Hammer's before every home game.

Or instead of complaining anyone could apply for a on the air job and show us what they got.

Has anyone noticed Sam Gash is on wed. mornings and fri. afternoons. I guess the suits listened to me.

Everyone still has a bitter taste in their mouth from "the Coach" and his negativity. I really dont think the schoop and the bulldog are negative at all.

The reason people know that Schobel sucks is because he gets his sacks in meaningless games. He needs to put up a handful of big games together this year to earn my respect.

As far as the guy who wants to hear bills and "sabers" talk every morning....learn how to spell the hometown teams name first.