Thoughts on Prince Amukamara as CB2 or deptH? (Update: Bills interested)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

No thanks,  over 30 and has only played one full season in nine years.   I don't think he is a step up from Levi Wallace, so if the Norman experiment doesnt work out just go with Wallace and call it a day.

Depth, not starter. If Norman goes and Levi gets hurt, do you prefer Amukamara or Cam Lewis/Dane Jackson/Siran Neal manning the outside?

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2

I think he can still play and would be worth a look. A former 1st rnd pick with excellent size and speed. Would be good depth and insurance, especially at close to vet minimum. He had a good year two seasons ago, 6.5 yds per target, 57% comp, 75 passer rating. Last season was not as good, not horrible but not nearly as good. 

I hope they snag him, the cb depth is concerning imo.

As long as I don’t have to wait for a check to clear...

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Coach55 said:

Is it just me, or has everyone written off Levi Wallace?  After a solid rookie year, he did have some set-backs in a sophomore slump, but he is still a starting caliber player, entering his 3rd season (which is usually a watershed year for most players) and is probably better than most #2 CBs in the league.  Yet we are continuing to look.  Josh Norman clearly is an all-pro talent, but is Amukamara an upgrade? 

Josh Norman hasn't been a pro bowl talent in 5 years. Levi is a solid #2 opposite White. I don't think he can play the slot. So his playing time will drop quite a bit if he is not the starter. Maybe Norman will have a resurrection with McD but I think it's more likely he is a surprise cut.

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

With Norman injury and the lack of speed at CB2 I think he would be a nice add 

I’ve always admired ... his name. But he’s never lived up to the hype, imo. I’d say wait til cutdown hysterics pass, then assess the room. If he’s taken by then, ?‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 4:31 PM, YoloinOhio said:

If they determine he can still play he would be a good option for depth.

Once again, if he can still play....I think he could start a game or two if we are dealing with multiple injuries and in need late in the season.  Obviously, I hope we are not in that situation.