Another foot injury for Tyler Kroft

YoloinOhio

I didnt know Lara Croft's brother played for the Bills:)

Coupled with Sweeney being PUP, this news makes Lee Smith a lock for the roster I guess (that man has more lives than a cat, I tell ya).

Unless ---- **drumroll please** the team feels Duke Williams can play makeshift TE - he can already chip with the best of them - only issue is can he get low down enough on blocks?

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'll say it again -- Kroft's ankles and feet don't look big enough to carry his weight.   

If I had to guess, he seems like a natural 190-pound guy who's bulked up and his body can't handle the stress from the extra weight...

Kroft.jpg

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'll say it again -- Kroft's ankles and feet don't look big enough to carry his weight.   

If I had to guess, he seems like a natural 190-pound guy who's bulked up and his body can't handle the stress from the extra weight...

Kroft.jpg

That's an interesting comment.  I'd guess there's more of that in big-time football than we recognize.  Lots of very good athletes in 200-pound range who can't make it as running backs, receivers and DBs who bulk up, trying to play at a higher weight class.  It's tough on knees and ankles. 

3 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I mean someone stepping on his foot isn't exactly his fault

Deja vu...

Sept 3, 2019

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/tyler-kroft-anxious-to-contribute-as-he-nears-return-from-foot-injury/article_879286e5-30ea-542f-933b-71eee9a7a23a.html

Kroft said he does not believe his foot is at increased risk of injury, given that he gave it the proper time to heal. He was hurt during the first practice of the spring when he was stepped on, then had surgery the following day.  :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I mean someone stepping on his foot isn't exactly his fault

It's like when Morse got booted in the head in training camp or whatever and suddenly people were all up in arms about him being "injury prone".

*edit*

Or maybe getting stepped on is more common than we think, and everyone else's ankles/feet just aren't as brittle.

Edited by 1ManRaid

Before everyone over reacts here, do we even know if this is a serious injury or just sitting out as a precaution type thing or simply a day to day situation?  I mean lets not freak out over someone stepping on his foot unless its a real injury that could impact week 1 or more.  

That being said, never good to hear a guy whose had injury issues have another injury to the same area he has struggled with. 

If I am Beane I am closely monitoring the situations in Cleveland (Njoku) and Tampa Bay (3 starting caliber TE's essentially if Gronk is capable still with him, OJ and Brate). Would not surprise me at all to see Beane swinging a trade for one of those guys to pair with Knox as a dual threat situation at TE.  Njoku or one of the TB guys in OJ/Brate would be a significant upgrade over Kroft anyway.  

• Like (+1) 4