Legendary Georgetown Coach John Thompson Dead at 78, RIP

ChevyVanMiller

2 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

As a St John's NY alum and watching the old Big East games will always remember the classic duels between Big John Thompson and Louie Carnesecca.

RIP Coach.

A friend and I scalped tickets in the blues at MSG to see the Big East final in '85.  What a scene.  The lineups for those teams was incredible.

RIP Coach

• Like (+1) 2

John Thompson was a GIANT.  I saw him a few years ago (maybe more than a few they all kind of run together lol) at the dome and I couldn't believe how big he was.  When I was a kid those Georgetown SU games were amazing.  The intensity, the talent, the rivalry.

As much as I disliked Georgetown this is all time trash talk!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/02/12/throwback-thursday-manley-field-house-is-officially-closed/

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

A friend and I scalped tickets in the blues at MSG to see the Big East final in '85.  What a scene.  The lineups for those teams was incredible.

RIP Coach

Amazing teams.  SJU, GTown, Syr, Nova, Seton Hall, BC, UConn, Providence, man there were a lot of good players.  RIP coach.  I liked him as an announcer too.

• Like (+1) 1

RIP John, one of the all-time greats. 

My 1st engineering job after graduating was with Carrier in Syracuse back in the mid-80’s, Pearl Washington days. I remember seeing Syracuse-Georgetown in the Dome, that crowd was crazy!