Duke should definitely be part of the WR's this year

LB48

Hers the thing, he is slow. Yes he is big and can make some catches, but are those catches that someone else could of made and picked up more yards? Duke is always going to struggle getting separation.  
Duke is fighting for one of the last spots. I think Hodgins  and Roberts get that for potential and ST’s play. 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Duke, Da’rick, Reily, all should be starting on this team RIGHT NOW. 
Seriously, Duke can make some circus catches, that’s about it. He’s not some special hidden talent, he’s a below average professional wide receiver who is a one trick pony. Can that be used? Sure. Is it needed over young and fresh talent? Nope. 

Don't forget Cam Phillips.  Some were ready to leap from a tall building when he was released and I believe he was better than Duke.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You know how Duke could have made sure he was "definitely" part of this roster? Come up big in the biggest moment of the year when your Quarterback hits you in the hands in the endzone. Instead he dropped it. And the Bills went and drafted two young guys with versions of his skillset. That is what life for an undrafted guy is like in the NFL. The chances are fleeting. If you don't take them they might not come again. 

I figured he was on the outside looking in when McD was asked at the combine what he looked for in a WR and all he said was “well, he needs to be able to catch the ball.”

he probably still sees that dropped TD In his nightmares 

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

A clod with behavioral issues who can’t run the route tree “should definitely be part of the WR’s this year”?? Why? Are Brown, Beasley, Diggs, McKenzie, Roberts & our rookies not good enough for you? 

Just stop the nonsense.

I see that you left out Bob Foster 

@Mike in Horseheads would agree

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

Might be somewhere, probably won’t be in buffalo though

6 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I don't get the love on this board by so many for Duke Williams. His is a nice underdog story but, at the end of the day, he's JAG. This team has better WRs and is past the reclamation project stage.

It’s been a consistent, no.... pathological trait... 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

There's a reason Buffalo traded for Diggs, then drafted another guy in the 4th round.  And it's not because they believed in last year's WR group.

Lumbering receivers who struggle to separate are not the typical receiver anymore.  

Furthermore, the Bills aren't going to spend more time developing a veteran like Duke who has been a pro for 4+ years.  If it comes down to him versus the draft picks, they'll go with the latter.  

He's a nice story, but the emotional tug of a guy going from 5 star recruit to the CFL to the NFL isn't enough to keep him on the game day roster. 

If Duke stays but Foster goes, Sky Diver will return to throw LB48 out of an airplane without a chute.  And LB48 needs to send his resume to GR 55, just to keep ahead of Phil the Thrill's efforts to land the 7-9 p.m. gig.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Continues to not get separation?

Nice use of colour to highlight the point!  Can you be my A.V. Squad captain?!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

You know how Duke could have made sure he was "definitely" part of this roster? Come up big in the biggest moment of the year when your Quarterback hits you in the hands in the endzone. Instead he dropped it. And the Bills went and drafted two young guys with versions of his skillset. That is what life for an undrafted guy is like in the NFL. The chances are fleeting. If you don't take them they might not come again. 

Nailed it. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Based upon what Duke did when he “got his chance” in the playoffs last season, he’s lucky he is still on the training camp roster.  How would you justify keeping Duke over Hodgins — a man who dropped a total of THREE passes over his entire college career and plays the “big man” role?

Why aren't you saying this about John Brown? Duke made several key catches in that game that no one else on the roster last year would have made, and it's like everyone forgets it because he failed to make a spectacular catch in the end zone. The criticism of Duke Williams is over the top and makes no sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Duke love is the gift that keeps on giving...and is in the tradition of longshot WR love.

Reality is if it was Duke vs. Hodgins, Hodgins is the same size, is a little faster, has better hands, runs better routes and is younger. Add in he's a draft pick and I don't think the decision is even close. Hodgins may not even make it, they like McKenzie. Duke is most likely #8 at this point with Foster 9th. 

The 6th WR will probably not be active for games, let alone a 7th, so I doubt they keep 7. Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis and Roberts (for returns) will be active. The 6th, be it Hodgins or McKenzie, will probably be inactive unless they have a bunch of injuries. 

• Like (+1) 2