Good Josh vs Bad Josh

rayray808

Will the waves of good vs bad be every other...  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will the waves of good vs bad be every other...

• Play
    • Series
    • Quarter
    • Half
    • Game
    • Month
    • Year

I don't think Josh Allen will ever be a great QB. But with smarter play  (not trying to do too much and fumbling etc) and great receivers that can make plays on their end, that will be all we need. The solid Josh Allen that showed up to Dallas last year is all we need. 

Not sure why this is a constant subject, Josh was good enough to get us into the playoffs early in his career. I may be wrong, but as I recall we would have won that playoff game last year if the QB didnt escape the 4 guys who had him dead to rights behind the line for a drive killing sack. Instead they scored. 

Players are going to have good game and bad, good plays and bad. I'm pretty sure Josh will be our Superbowl winning QB ???

The off-season part is really a bad example.

Good Josh (scrimmage):

was excellent but someone could argue it was against the 2nd team defense.

Bad Josh (8/30 reports):

Thad did a nice job of letting everyone know that he doesn't like Allen or is just trolling the fans.

This was the report from the BN:

The Allen report: Josh Allen completed 7 of 14 passes as the offense did a lot of situational work, as opposed to running complete drives. Robert Foster dropped one of the incomplete passes, twice the intended receivers slipped and fell. One incompletion was a throwaway prompted by a heavy rush from Jerry Hughes. Allen had a sharp TD throw to Beasley.

So based on off-season/TC, Allen has sounded more consistent but saying Good vs Bad just because of two days of practice is hard to really determine anything.

And I have little doubt in my mind that when Thad said that "Allen threw a ball right at White" that it was one of the times that a receiver fell down.

I tend to think the "live football" weighs heavier than the practicing situational plays because of what we have seen from him when he is in the moment and not being told, you need to do this.  I feel his instincts make him both a better and worse player but he has started to learn how to lessen the "hero ball" or risk taking of his game.

In conclusion, more consistent but still will do stuff every now and then (once, twice a game, that will make us cringe).

Edited by The Wiz

Lol Dude 

Josh had, from what I recall, only a handful of crap rookie mistakes 

don’t let most uncatchable balls fool you. 

Brady often throws the ball away 

two or three times this season 

blunders happen 

So

None of the above 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Thank you (+1) 1