Good Josh vs Bad Josh

rayray808

Will the waves of good vs bad be every other...  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will the waves of good vs bad be every other...

• Play
    • Series
    • Quarter
    • Half
    • Game
    • Month
    • Year

After 2 years, and one pandemic driven off season there is a pattern emerging...

Good Josh vs Bad Josh

Streaky play. 3rd and long where we see something incredible happen, and then 3rd and long where we see something awful happen.

Full disclosure, I am a believer in Josh and think he can put it together... but I am also a realist. He is a streaky player. There are countless examples from almost every game he has ever played in, from being forced to play game one vs the Ravens, all the way to the heartbreaking OT loss in Houston. Here are some simple examples though...

YEAR ONE:  (Week to week streakiness example)

- Leaps over a Viking and helps cover the greatest moneyline bet in years. Next game vs Tennessee? 82 yards passing and a INT.

YEAR TWO: (first half vs second half streakiness example)

- Jets opener - INT city down 16-0, helps us come back to get the W.

OFF SEASON:

- Reports of Josh doing very well, then the next practice not so much.

My question to the group, besides in the poll, is what level of streakiness are you expecting this season? What level of streakiness is acceptable for a "franchise guy" to be? What level of streakiness can this team rebound from and still be a contender?

Most importantly: GO BILLS!

Doesn’t bad josh play for Miami... 

• Haha (+1) 9

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I think we'll see more Great Josh vs Meh Josh this year.

I’m still waiting to meet Great Josh...so far I’ve only met Poor, Average, and Good Josh...yet to meet Great Josh, though...starting to wonder if he exists...?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

After 2 years, and one pandemic driven off season there is a pattern emerging...

Good Josh vs Bad Josh

Streaky play. 3rd and long where we see something incredible happen, and then 3rd and long where we see something awful happen.

Full disclosure, I am a believer in Josh and think he can put it together... but I am also a realist. He is a streaky player. There are countless examples from almost every game he has ever played in, from being forced to play game one vs the Ravens, all the way to the heartbreaking OT loss in Houston. Here are some simple examples though...

YEAR ONE:  (Week to week streakiness example)

- Leaps over a Viking and helps cover the greatest moneyline bet in years. Next game vs Tennessee? 82 yards passing and a INT.

YEAR TWO: (first half vs second half streakiness example)

- Jets opener - INT city down 16-0, helps us come back to get the W.

OFF SEASON:

- Reports of Josh doing very well, then the next practice not so much.

My question to the group, besides in the poll, is what level of streakiness are you expecting this season? What level of streakiness is acceptable for a "franchise guy" to be? What level of streakiness can this team rebound from and still be a contender?

Most importantly: GO BILLS!

JETSFAN20???? Is that you?? Did you start a new burner account??

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Every other breath 

Wow! Good for you! I don’t breath again until the season is over. That skill has been developed over a lifetime of fan-hood.  I get quite dizzy late in the year. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

Your poll question presumes that 50% of the time JA will be “bad”. I don’t think that will be the case this year. I think bad JA may show up 1 out of 5 games or quarters. 

That has literally never happened in his career. Like I said before, I love the dude and 100% support him, but it would be foolish to not recognize that he has ups and downs through games/series.

1 out of 5 quarters is every other game. That is where you should vote if so