Singletary Moss touches

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve said 70/30 Singletary and I’m holding to that. It sounds like moss has had a strong camp but I’m of the belief that Motor is special. He’s dangerous in the hole. I might be wrong but I’m rolling with that. 

SIngletary is a star in the making.  He just needs to hold on to the football.  Moss will be the hammering back that will come in when we need to kill the clock or get some tough first downs,

• Like (+1) 1

63.2974682% to Motor, and the rest to Moss.  By mid season, 54.849237% to Singletary.  ??️♂️?.  Ok, all kidding aside, Moss’s carries will grow after he gains the trust of the coaches.  They won’t trust him to go halfway in the beginning if the season as they didn’t give the ball to Singletary in the beginning of last year.  Surprisingly, they both can catch, and although neither has straight away top speed, they both have demonstrated explosiveness, and for his size, Moss can make guys miss.  He’s not just a straight ahead power back.  Regardless of the % as how do you actually make that prediction, they both will be fun to watch.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

63.2974682% to Motor, and the rest to Moss.  By mid season, 54.849237% to Singletary.  ??️♂️?.  Ok, all kidding aside, Moss’s carries will grow after he gains the trust of the coaches.  They won’t trust him to go halfway in the beginning if the season as they didn’t give the ball to Singletary in the beginning of last year.  Surprisingly, they both can catch, and although neither has straight away top speed, they both have demonstrated explosiveness, and for his size, Moss can make guys miss.  He’s not just a straight ahead power back.  Regardless of the % as how do you actually make that prediction, they both will be fun to watch.

I think both of these guys can easily break away for TDs in the 30-40 yard range.  They’re just not going to hit the 75-yard home runs.  They are remarkably similar in style, I think, but Moss brings that extra bit of nastiness in that he likes to hit people.  I can easily envision a scenario pretty early this season in which there is absolutely no drop off when one replaces the other.  If I’m Daboll I don’t want to be too predictable that when Moss comes in it’s a short yardage play, for example.

• Like (+1) 1

60/40

Singletary/Moss

Singletary is just too darn special. I do think Moss will be a good back but I think Singletary is excellent. His size worries me though.. may have to be used tactfully... give some of them carries to Moss so he can wear down the defenses.. I think Singletary could get 800 yards a year at or around 4.5-5.0 ypc, no problem...Moss will be the hammer.. he’ll get the dirty work so he may have a lower ypc and overall productivity...but he’ll be the back that we wanted frank Gore to be....

5 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Motor knows how to sniff the end zone

I like Singletary a ton. He just doesn’t have elite speed. Bills showed last year they liked bringing a big power back in close to the end zone. This also could be the product of Singletary fumbling a few times. Sean doesn’t like fumbles. 

30 touches total....

if you go hot hand 20/10

obviously there’s 50/50 at 15 and 15 each...

18/12, 16/14 ..... I expect it to be around 20/10 early on, Singletary. But then start getting closer to 16/14 if all things are equal keeping them fresh and keeping the defense guessing cause I feel both these guys are 3 down backs.

38 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I like Singletary a ton. He just doesn’t have elite speed. Bills showed last year they liked bringing a big power back in close to the end zone. This also could be the product of Singletary fumbling a few times. Sean doesn’t like fumbles. 

No top end thats for sure, but a damn good back. Lets have a 1 , 2 punch- not a bad problem. He didnt have fumbleitist last yesr lets hope he tucks the rock and its just a few rusty practice hiccups

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

Question: do we have a RB who we can run the ball and also be trusted to pick up a blitzer when a game winning drive is on the line?  JA will not reach full potential until he can play in the pocket, more safely which will also cut back on those hits he takes down the field tucking the ball and running instead of moving the ball via air to Stefon and our hopefully developing TE corps. 

Haven’t been around in a long time so I apologize if this has already been discussed and/or debated to death but I’m a bit nervous about whether our two young RBs have the savvy and know how to handle blocking which we all know is an essential component of a RB’s game.

Edited by biggerdaddynj

On 8/30/2020 at 8:07 PM, eball said:

Funny thread. Singletary proved last season that he can be a top level producer in both the running and passing game. Moss hasn’t played a down of NFL football. Yes, I know there are fumble issues but until that recurs I agree with a 70/30 split projection. 

Totally logical.  With no PS games,  we got squat to go on.  Cmon man, nobody on this planet knows, but opinions are free.