Zach Cunningham signs extension with Houston

NewEra

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Milano is, and was, always looking at $14M ish? Does it get done? Who knows. He isn’t signing for $8m or $10M as some people hoped. 

I like Milano but 14M seems kinda high for a player who is lacking in LOS impact and tackling technique. Yes, he is exceptional in coverage and suits this team very well, but 14M? Nah... It's just not an amount a team can absorb with your franchise CB, MLB and QB coming up. Maybe he may be worth that much to another team running a similar D, but that's a big maybe. 

Edited by billsbackto81

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why would Milano take a discount? No way, unless the weak market forces him to which could happen. Might not be a lot of money out there next season.

Beane said there will be players they want to sign but can't. Who else would you describe as one of those players? 

I guess we'll have to see where the cap is next year. They could always push money into the future also. I guess it's possible, but as Beane said he can't sign everyone.

Because he said he isn't interested in playing anywhere else.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I like Milano but 14M seems kinda high for a player who is lacking in LOS impact and tackling technique. Yes, he is exceptional in coverage and suits this team very well, but 14M? Nah... It's just not an amount a team can absorb with your franchise CB, MLB and QB coming up. Maybe he may be worth that much to another team running a similar D, but that's a big maybe. 

It’s all about the comps. There are worse LBs that play a similar style signing for $14M+. It’s not reasonable to think that he will take less money than guys he’s better than. It just doesn’t work like that. He probably isn’t going to be here if that’s the case.

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Agree. They will need to pay White and Allen to keep the core together. Only so much to go around and I like Milano, just think he's going to be odd man out

Does Gabe Davis's play allow them to cut Brown at year end, and if so would that save them enough money to then re-sign Milano.  Assuming this would allow the money to work out relatively even, the advantage is you have Browns apparent replacement already on the roster, where as you don't have Milano's replacement unless either Johnson or Dobson (is it?)  becomes that guy??

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Yep.... never should’ve gotten to the QB with 2 blockers in his path.  That play boggles my mind - it never should’ve happened

Three blockers I think. All just let him walk right through. If even one of them gets a hand on him, Allen scores or at the very least gets into easy FG range and we win that game. Easily the most maddening play in many years. 

• Like (+1) 2

I like Milano. He was another of the gems we have found in the latter rounds of the draft these last few years. But unless he proves himself absolutely indispensable this year, or is willing to make a "team friendly" deal, then this is likely his last year circling the wagons in Buffalo. We absolutely have to retain Tre, whether it be by the Franchise Tag or getting him a new deal. This limits the $$$ available for Milano and someone is going to pay him more than we will. Such is life. I am however fully confident in our scouting department to find a replacement. More than likely that replacement will come from the first couple of rounds next year in the draft.  

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Milano is, and was, always looking at $14M ish? Does it get done? Who knows. He isn’t signing for $8m or $10M as some people hoped. 

I still think he stays for roughly 10m. He seems like a guy who values other things over money.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I still think he stays for roughly 10m. He seems like a guy who values other things over money.

2nd contracts are usually it for many players. he needs to maximize his earnings? Why stay for 10 if others offer 14?

1 hour ago, nucci said:

2nd contracts are usually it for many players. he needs to maximize his earnings? Why stay for 10 if others offer 14?

I know many people have this mentality but I don't get it. Money isn't everything. I rather play for 10m somewhere I like it than for 12m in dysfunctional organization like Jets under Gase. And most money for Milano almost 100% won't come from some contender, but from some weak team which is run badly (paying 14m/y to Milano proves this point imo). Would you rather play for Jags for 14m or for Bills for 10m with a chance to contend every year? For me its a no-brainer.

For me working environment > money and even moreso when millions are involved. One yearly salary sets you for life (if you are smart enough which Milano definitely seems to be) so additional millions become quite irrelevant. I really don't get what's the point of chasing every penny when you can play with familiar players, in proven scheme, in friendly environment for McDermott in a team which scheme apparently suits your skill set and has a chance to compete every year.

But I get that its more likely that Milano might seek money too, I am just saying that my gut feeling is that he won't and signs team friendly deal here. 

• Haha (+1) 1