I’m seeing 12+ wins for this team...

eball

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Time to put my money where my mouth is.  No excuses, this is the most complete Bills roster since the late 90s and they will prove it on the field.  No glaring holes at any position, and quality depth throughout.  Backup QB is a question mark, so the health of Josh Allen is key.  Provided he stays healthy, I see the Bills going 6-0 in the East, and of the remaining ten games there is only one — @SF — in which I think they will go in as an underdog.  The W5 matchup with KC is likely a pick’em, because I expect Buffalo to be 4-0 going into that one.  They’ll be favored in every other home game and the road games are not particularly daunting outside of Tennessee.  Arizona is a media darling but they are unproven and have a suspect defense.  Vegas is still, in my opinion, a mess.  Denver may be a bit better but I’m not sold on Fangio or Lock.

I’ll give them losses to KC, San Fran, and a couple we don’t expect — maybe Tennessee, Pittsburgh, or the roadie at NE***.

AFC East champs and the #2 seed in the playoffs.

There ya have it.

Love your optimism and I hope you're right but I feel you may be a bit overly optimistic

• Like (+1) 2

Chiefs, 49 ers, Seahawks and Steelers are the only games I won’t call a win right now.
   Providing the usual disclaimers about injury and the like 12-4 seems the correct call. Our schedule starts easy and I feel we are a “ Team” on both sides of the ball and between the FO and coaches. I think this legit leads us to some early season blowouts that make the  doubters wake up and take notice of us. 

The game I’m “ Circling” is the 12/13 game against the Steelers. That may well be the game that gets us a Wildcard weekend bye or not. It remains to be seen how BRs elbow holds up and his throwing could be shot by then.
    I say 13-3 with the Titans, Seahawks and 49 ers our losses. 
  We make the AFC Championship game and....,

• Like (+1) 2

eball, mega props on publicly calling your shot.

Going into the 1988 season, I did not see the Bills being so dominant.  I hoped they would be a playoff team.  They were improving, but they hadn't made the playoffs and I didn't see them jumping up as much as they did.  The fact is that some team seems to make that dramatic jump each year.  The Bills are an improving team, with a developing QB, a great defense, now a #1 WR, no more Frank Gore, .....there is real evidence that it could be us this year.  It is not just wishful thinking.

My heart agrees with you and says 12-4.

My head is working hard to agree with my heart and I am finding reasonable things to point to in that journey.

My Long Suffering Buffalo Fandom is a nagging voice in the back of my head that is a little like Gollum.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

Time to put my money where my mouth is.  No excuses, this is the most complete Bills roster since the late 90s and they will prove it on the field.  No glaring holes at any position, and quality depth throughout.  Backup QB is a question mark, so the health of Josh Allen is key.  Provided he stays healthy, I see the Bills going 6-0 in the East, and of the remaining ten games there is only one — @SF — in which I think they will go in as an underdog.  The W5 matchup with KC is likely a pick’em, because I expect Buffalo to be 4-0 going into that one.  They’ll be favored in every other home game and the road games are not particularly daunting outside of Tennessee.  Arizona is a media darling but they are unproven and have a suspect defense.  Vegas is still, in my opinion, a mess.  Denver may be a bit better but I’m not sold on Fangio or Lock.

I’ll give them losses to KC, San Fran, and a couple we don’t expect — maybe Tennessee, Pittsburgh, or the roadie at NE***.

AFC East champs and the #2 seed in the playoffs.

There ya have it.

Exactly as I see it too with the exception of 5-1 (Hate to say it but Miami loss) in east but beating SF.  

33 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

My Long Suffering Buffalo Fandom is a nagging voice in the back of my head that is a little like Gollum

BBFS is difficult to overcome, but we can do it.

I’m with you eball, AFCE is in the pocket! 

Go Bills!!!

21 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’m going 10-6.  We’ll lose a couple that we should have won.

So far, McD has done a good job of not allowing that to happen.  I don’t think the Bills will lose a couple they “should have” won, I just think there will be a couple of hard fought games against good teams that may not go our way.

Tell me — as an opposing coach, what exactly do you look at when you have to play the Bills and think “oh good, we can really take advantage of that?”  The Bills are a beast for any team to handle.  You think other teams are just counting on a couple of errant Josh Allen throws?

Last year the Bills proved to themselves they belong in the conversation.  This year they take the next step.

• Like (+1) 3

We have the roster, but this season goes as far as Josh Allen takes us. I don’t like to oversimplify things, but it is that simple. That leaves me believing anything between 9-13 wins is possible. We truly get to find out who our QB is this season. 

13 minutes ago, eball said:

So far, McD has done a good job of not allowing that to happen.  I don’t think the Bills will lose a couple they “should have” won, I just think there will be a couple of hard fought games against good teams that may not go our way.

Tell me — as an opposing coach, what exactly do you look at when you have to play the Bills and think “oh good, we can really take advantage of that?”  The Bills are a beast for any team to handle.  You think other teams are just counting on a couple of errant Josh Allen throws?

Last year the Bills proved to themselves they belong in the conversation.  This year they take the next step.

Well Browns and Texans games from last year come to mind.

10-6 and they win the division but do not get a bye

• Like (+1) 1