RIP Cliff Robinson

YoloinOhio

I was working at the Canisius basketball camp - and the day after he got drafted, he was a guest instructor.  Everybody was congratulating him, and I was thinking he's a 2nd rounder, he's probably not going to make it - or not amount to much.  In high school, the other Robinson - Keith, who went to Notre Dame was better...............Wow - was I wrong.  What a great career he had.

RIP 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I met Cliff when he was at UConn.  I was visiting a friend in dorm, and gigantic black man was sitting down ripping a big bong hit.  My friend said “hey Pete, this is Cliff”. I’m like “holy *****- - you are Cliff Robinson!  You rock at basketball and your from Buffalo!  Let’s go UConn!  Let’s go Buffalo!”  Weed, Bills, and a common friend- we bonded that afternoon.

Years later UConn won national championship.  Cliff pulled up in this pimped out Caddy, ostentatious and borderline tacky- Cliff exited.  Hey Cliff- how are you doing?  “What’s up Buffalo?”  Uncle Cliffy remembered me.  RIP Cliff you were a good man

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I met Cliff when he was at UConn.  I was visiting a friend in dorm, and gigantic black man was sitting down ripping a big bong hit.  My friend said “hey Pete, this is Cliff”. I’m like “holy *****- - you are Cliff Robinson!  You rock at basketball and your from Buffalo!  Let’s go UConn!  Let’s go Buffalo!”  Weed, Bills, and a common friend- we bonded that afternoon.

Years later UConn won national championship.  Cliff pulled up in this pimped out Caddy, ostentatious and borderline tacky- Cliff exited.  Hey Cliff- how are you doing?  “What’s up Buffalo?”  Uncle Cliffy remembered me.  RIP Cliff you were a good man

Totally. Had the pleasure of meeting him and talking with him 3-4 times and he's a really good down to earth guy

RIP Cliff

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, stuvian said:

18 seasons is legendary. Never knew he hailed from Buffalo. RIP Cliff

“His streak of 461 consecutive games played with the Trail Blazers still stands as a franchise record, which is a testament to his hard work and dedication to the team."

No joke, I have seen this thread title--and moved past it--several times now.

Each time I thought it was announcing the death of this famous actor:

robertson-obit-1-articleLarge.jpg?qualit

Turns out Cliff Robertson died 9 years ago, and this thread is discussing a basketball player.

RIP to both Cliffs.

• Like (+1) 1