Prayers up for Fitzy

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

We picked my mom up today and took her to lunch. Her retirement home still largely in lockdown, but we broke her out for an outdoor lunch at a place nearby. Lockdown can make you crazy before too long, and we try to guard against that while also maintaining safe behavior. A tricky balancing act. 

Most dads are good. Moms are special. My heart goes out to @Steptide as I know it has to be a rough time. 

It was definitely a tough week. Believe it or not the memorial service helped. There's a bit of closure that comes with it 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

It was definitely a tough week. Believe it or not the memorial service helped. There's a bit of closure that come with it 

Having officiated a bunch of memorial services/funerals over the years, I can tell you that enabling closure is one of the main goals.  It doesn't end the pain but points to a future where there is healing and hope.

My heart goes out to you and to Fitz.  I know my mom is probably not too long for this world.  I know there will be a change in perspective when that happens.  All of a sudden my siblings and I will be the patriarchs and matriarch of the family.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I feel for Fitz. My mom passed last Saturday and today we held her memorial service 

So sorry for your loss, Step!

16 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

My heart goes out to you and to Fitz.  I know my mom is probably not too long for this world.  I know there will be a change in perspective when that happens.  All of a sudden my siblings and I will be the patriarchs and matriarch of the family.  

Strange thing happens, even when you are well into adulthood.  You feel like an orphan and no longer tethered to the world. ? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Somehow it's like Fitz is our friend.  It happens with an occasional player on the team over the years, but Fitz is way up their on the list.  We all love him, and we all are incredibly saddened by his loss.  

Prayers to Fitz and his family.  He should take comfort in the love and support of fans all over the country, but especially from Bills fans. 

He will always have a special place in the hearts of Bills nation. Hope many prayers go to him and his family. Fitzmagic will forever be a part of Buffalo. 

On 8/29/2020 at 7:56 PM, cd1 said:

Strange thing happens, even when you are well into adulthood.  You feel like an orphan and no longer tethered to the world. ? 

We have lost three of our four parents, and one of our two kids. Life can be rough. Therapy helped. Don’t be afraid of it. 

It’s a real thing when the kid becomes the “parent” as the parent ages and has increased needs. Had lunch with my 92 year old mom today, and she’s not what she was  just 6-12 months ago before this lockdown. Some slide is to be expected, but this is pretty dramatic. Covid impacts in many ways. 

Edited by Augie
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Steptide said:

It was definitely a tough week. Believe it or not the memorial service helped. There's a bit of closure that comes with it 

Step, I’m sorry bud for you’re loss.  I really am.  It’s hard to be walking the earth knowing you’re mom is somewhere else now.  FWIW, after awhile, you forget the hard stuff and remember the funny stories, and maybe the silly jokes or whatever.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Step, I’m sorry bud for you’re loss.  I really am.  It’s hard to be walking the earth knowing you’re mom is somewhere else now.  FWIW, after awhile, you forget the hard stuff and remember the funny stories, and maybe the silly jokes or whatever.  

As crazy as this sounds, one of my favorite memories with my mother and sisters was while my dad was in hospice. It was just the four of us. We spent as much time with him as we could, and took turns cooking and pouring wine at night. The stories poured out with the wine, and most made us laugh. I learned things, and shared some of my own secrets. We became closer then ever.

If you add even one spouse (and I love those guys), it totally changes the dynamics. It was “just us”. They adore my wife, but we are all better for her not being there. Just US. It was a cathartic and bonding experience. 

I hope Fitz and @Steptide learn to feel some positive from this difficult experience. 

• Like (+1) 1