Prayers up for Fitzy

YoloinOhio

Not sure what’s going on. hope his family is ok

Edit — update:

Via multiple reporters in attendance at the session, Ryan Fitzpatrick left the practice field before the session began. Here’s how Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald described it: “Before dolphins practice begins, Coach Brian Flores just walked QB Ryan Fitzpatrick off the field with his arm around him. Fitz seemed distraught. Not injury related.” (Apparently, the tweet has been deleted; others have posted similar tweets, however.)

Fitzpatrick missed a day recently for personal reasons, initially prompting speculation he could be gone longer than that.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

He often frustrated me a lot of times as QB but it certainly speaks to his character he's still beloved by a lot of Bills fans.  Even if today he's the starting Miami QB.

But yeah hope it all works out for him 

I LOVE him as a person (as much as I can know him as a fan) - just seems like such a great guy. I definitely bag on him as a player, all in good fun of course. 

• Like (+1) 15

Well, I’m going to say a prayer for him.  I see something like this I always seem to go to who is sick, hurt, died (relative, family close friend or something), so let’s hope it’s minor and hypothetically one of his kids fell off their bike and had to go to the ER, but everything is fine.  I try and think of the positives as mentioned he does truly come across as a down to earth, humble guy who gives everything he can to win for whatever team he is playing for as Miami.

To me Football always takes a back seat to a family’s safety and health.

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well, I’m going to say a prayer for him.  I see something like this I always seem to go to who is sick, hurt, died (relative, family close friend or something), so let’s hope it’s minor and hypothetically one of his kids fell off their bike and had to go to the ER, but everything is fine.  I try and think of the positives as mentioned he does truly come across as a down to earth, humble guy who gives everything he can to win for whatever team he is playing for as Miami.

Since he was out last week for personal reasons and now it appears to still be going on, that worries me. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Things like this remind us that in the end, it’s just a game and we aren’t even playing. A little perspective is nice sometimes. Hope all is well with Fitz and his loved ones. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

He often frustrated me a lot of times as QB but it certainly speaks to his character he's still beloved by a lot of Bills fans.  Even if today he's the starting Miami QB.

But yeah hope it all works out for him 

Plays the game like I would. I love watching him. Kind of a Brett Favre without the arm.

• Like (+1) 1

GB, I love it and thought about the same.  He would be up there with May God Be With You Reich in one of the top two beloved backs up in Buffalo.  Heck, he might stay in Buffalo post football career.  I know he loved it here.  If we have sound vaccine in 2021, I’d be great with giving him solid back up $ (top 5-7) and just having him and Allen. Save roster spots, and never worry if Allen goes out for a game or two.  I’d bet he would get a standing ovation when he came on the field in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

I have always loved Fitz as a person, leader, off the field, etc.  I was not a fan of him as our starting QB because he was never going to get us over the top.  But I do always like to see him succeed and loved what he did in Miami last year too.  

Nothing but love for him as a person and sending good thoughts and prayers his way to him and his family for whatever seems to be going on.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hoping for the best for him. And still hoping his final ride in the NFL is in Buffalo as Josh's backup. I feel that would just be right. And unless someone is offering him a starting job I think he would want to come here.

Ditto.  This sounds like a family issue; hope his wife and kids are ok.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hoping for the best for him. And still hoping his final ride in the NFL is in Buffalo as Josh's backup. I feel that would just be right. And unless someone is offering him a starting job I think he would want to come here.

No, GunnerBill, you don’t want that!!! Don’t forget the Fitz Curse and what it would mean for Josh’s health! But I understand the sentiment. Fitzy + Buffalo = perfection. Hopefully he eventually reaches the playoffs before retirement. 15 seasons so far, 39th in career passing yards, and 38th in career TD’s. What a career!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the bearded Harvard gunslinger and his family.

• Like (+1) 2