Gruden tears into Nate Peterman [language]

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The "hindsight" argument only works if it was just the Chargers game. You could have said "okay honest mistake." He started 3 more times and threw picks in two more where he had to come off the bench. You didn't need hindsight then. We had evidence to go on. 

Not to mention McDermott made him the 2018 starting quarterback.  McDermott's stupidity may have been a blessing in disguise though as Allen was thrown into the fire right away.

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

This board has an unhealthy obsession with Peterman 

He plays the most important position in football AND is the worst player that the Bills have ever had. It’s not a surprise that he is discussed on a message board where we talk about the Bills. There’s a thread open on Fitz. There’s a thread open on Fitz & Tyrod. QBs will always be discussed here. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/28/2020 at 11:22 PM, First Round Bust said:

peterman remains one of, it not thee biggest, boil on the ace of the Bills epic fails...and there are plenty of other candidates...

right a fifth round pick who's in his third year and keeps sticking on nfl rosters...epic fail 2.13  million this year

1.4 million prior......we could all use a little epic fail in our lives 

23 hours ago, MJS said:

Hard to condemn a guy after one game, though. And you never know until you do.

Fans use a lot of hindsight when thinking back on Peterman. Ultimately things worked out and Peterman is gone. Coaches and organizations make mistakes and have to move on from them.

If anything, it was a valuable learning experience for McDermott and Beane. Hopefully it taught them that you can't always trust your eyes based on practice or preseason. I personally can't remember such a Jekyll and Hyde player such as Peterman. Guy looked good when it didn't matter and then completely changed with live bullets.

At the golf range, I knock down the pin from 135 yards.  On the course, I hit the bunker???

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

That would actually be Billy Joe Hobert. 

Sadly, he’s not. If you put Hobert against Peterman it’s actually not very close. That’s pathetic considering Hobert didn’t even know the plays!! 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeteNa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HobeBi00.htm

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sadly, he’s not. If you put Hobert against Peterman it’s actually not very close. That’s pathetic considering Hobert didn’t even know the plays!! 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeteNa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HobeBi00.htm

I won't argue it statistically. But as a player, Peterman is just a bad quarterback. Hobert was a lazy, selfish prick. You have a better chance fixing a bad quarterback than you do a lazy, selfish prick who let everyone down because he couldn't be bothered to do the one, simple thing that was asked of him.

NOTE TO THE CRAZIES: I'm not saying you can fix Peterman.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I won't argue it statistically. But as a player, Peterman is just a bad quarterback. Hobert was a lazy, selfish prick. You have a better chance fixing a bad quarterback than you do a lazy, selfish prick who let everyone down because he couldn't be bothered to do the one, simple thing that was asked of him.

NOTE TO THE CRAZIES: I'm not saying you can fix Peterman.  

Oh, Hobert may be the least likable Bill ever (except OJ). The fact that he collected a check without doing the work is disgusting. He still performed better than Peterman. He’s certainly less likable but not a worse player. Peterman is the worst player to ever put on a Bills uniform.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

F. Gruden in the first place! 

Did he actually think he was going to magically turn Nate into a good QB?

Gruden's stint with the Raiders is going to go down as a huge, very expensive, mistake.

As a complete aside, it is astounding to me the chances guys like Peterman get in this league.

It is so f-ing starved for talent at the QB position, it is just ridiculous.