Bills scrimmage 8/27

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

No they all decided to pay attention to the guidelines they were given.

But but but I thought it didn't affect oxygen, CO2 rates????? I thought it was the same as breathing without a mask just doesn't let the virus in or out:death:

1 minute ago, eball said:

Does it seem to everyone that the 1st team O went against the 2nd team D and vice-versa?

That's what I'm getting...

1 minute ago, eball said:

Does it seem to everyone that the 1st team O went against the 2nd team D and vice-versa?

Yes sir, seems to be the way other teams have done these scrimmages as well. 

Sounds like both the first team offense and defense flat out dominated which is somewhat expected but definitely not a given and great to see.

So, after reading all the real football updates in here...this seems to be conclusions summed up:

• Starting offense dominated the 2nd string defense.  Which is great, but also, obvious reasons to not over value this either.  Still great to see.  
  • Josh Allen completed 70% of his passes, 3 TDs and over 300 yards and only 1 turnover that was more the fault of the WR.  That would be a very good day...BUT there is one more piece of missing info that makes this a sensational day...all that production was done in what was essentially just 2.5 quarters of play!!!  Sounds like he was on pace for 500 yards, 5 TDs had they played 4 full quarters.  Again, still worth noting it was against our second string defense...but none the less, thats great to see and he had that day WITHOUT Diggs.  
  • Starting defense dominated second string offense.  No shock there, and to be expected.  Still good to see, but really nothing surprising about one of the best defensive units in football beating down backup players.  
  • Davis continues to shine, although he did have the tipped pass off his hands that resulted in an INT.  
  • Moss is going to be a load to bring down and if he keeps playing like this, I think this will be more of a Panthers like (DeAngelo and Stewart) 50-50 timeshare pretty early into the season.  Not at all a knock on Devin, just think these two will both be very good in this offense and compliment each other very well. 
  • Taiwan Jones odds of beating out Yeldon are starting to dwindle due to health issues that seem to always be an issue for him.  I think Yeldon is emerging as the favorite to be the veteran 3rd back over Taiwan.  Although I do like Taiwan overall skill set better.  
  • Some reporters just cant let Allen have compliments...the guy saying he was solid and basically same ole Josh Allen today in terms of inconsistency is a buffoon.  70% comp, 3 TDS, over 300 yards in the air in 2.5 quarters is "solid"...I mean come on, even Thad said he had a great day.  
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I know it's just a scrimmage and all but if this is the Allen we get, we're legit Super Bowl contenders. I don't need him to be Pat Mahomes this year. If he can be Matt Stafford that would be more than good enough.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So, after reading all the real football updates in here...this seems to be conclusions summed up:

• Starting offense dominated the 2nd string defense.  Which is great, but also, obvious reasons to not over value this either.  Still great to see.  
  • Josh Allen completed 70% of his passes, 3 TDs and over 300 yards and only 1 turnover that was more the fault of the WR.  That would be a very good day...BUT there is one more piece of missing info that makes this a sensational day...all that production was done in what was essentially just 2.5 quarters of play!!!  Sounds like he was on pace for 500 yards, 5 TDs had they played 4 full quarters.  Again, still worth noting it was against our second string defense...but none the less, thats great to see and he had that day WITHOUT Diggs.  
  • Starting defense dominated second string offense.  No shock there, and to be expected.  Still good to see, but really nothing surprising about one of the best defensive units in football beating down backup players.  
  • Davis continues to shine, although he did have the tipped pass off his hands that resulted in an INT.  
  • Moss is going to be a load to bring down and if he keeps playing like this, I think this will be more of a Panthers like (DeAngelo and Stewart) 50-50 timeshare pretty early into the season.  Not at all a knock on Devin, just think these two will both be very good in this offense and compliment each other very well. 
  • Taiwan Jones odds of beating out Yeldon are starting to dwindle due to health issues that seem to always be an issue for him.  I think Yeldon is emerging as the favorite to be the veteran 3rd back over Taiwan.  Although I do like Taiwan overall skill set better.  
  • Some reporters just cant let Allen have compliments...the guy saying he was solid and basically same ole Josh Allen today in terms of inconsistency is a buffoon.  70% comp, 3 TDS, over 300 yards in the air in 2.5 quarters is "solid"...I mean come on, even Thad said he had a great day.  

From what I can gather, to me what makes it a good day for Allen is that he took what the Defense gave him meaning he made smart decisions with the football and allowed his playmakers to do their thing.   If his decision making demonstrated marked improvement, that is a good day!

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Some reporters just cant let Allen have compliments...the guy saying he was solid and basically same ole Josh Allen today in terms of inconsistency is a buffoon.  70% comp, 3 TDS, over 300 yards in the air in 2.5 quarters is "solid"...I mean come on, even Thad said he had a great day

Apparently Matthew Bové took issue with it being against the 2nd string...but I mean what more was Allen supposed to do against them?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Thad identified Quinton Jefferson running with the 1s ... #BanThad :)

And what’s this about barkley leading the 2nd team?? I wanted to be surprised on 9/13 dammit. Like that time Tuhrod lined up at WR and Matt Cassel was behind center 

• Haha (+1) 3