Bills scrimmage 8/27

YoloinOhio

At the risk of having my credentials pulled....it is interesting that Roberts is in with the first team.  It seems to me that Roberts and McKenzie have similar skill sets...both returners with the shiftiness that position requires.  Yes, McKenzie has been better on the offense and used much more, but was an adventure when returning.  I have been thinking about what receivers they will keep, and with the talent they have now, I wonder if keeping both is a luxury they can no longer afford.  I think Foster is a goner...and if they keep 6, the coaching staff would keep one of Mckenzie/Roberts and Duke/Hodgins.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

At the risk of having my credentials pulled....it is interesting that Roberts is in with the first team.  It seems to me that Roberts and McKenzie have similar skill sets...both returners with the shiftiness that position requires.  Yes, McKenzie has been better on the offense and used much more, but was an adventure when returning.  I have been thinking about what receivers they will keep, and with the talent they have now, I wonder if keeping both is a luxury they can no longer afford.  I think Foster is a goner...and if they keep 6, the coaching staff would keep one of Mckenzie/Roberts and Duke/Hodgins.

Yeah looks like they're going to cut McK because Roberts can do what he does and return. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Logic said:

Is.....is that a SUCCESSFUL SCREEN PASS BY THE BILLS OFFENSE?!?!

tenor.gif

Perhaps they made it public since they have no intention of ever running that during the season!  

I wish they would run more screen game.  I don’t think we’ve had a decent screen game since Gailey.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

I'd take that bet.

Roberts has been in the league for quite a while and now we are going to expect him to all of a sudden become an offensive contributor?

McKenzie has a role and is still super young, we may not even know how good he could be yet.  

16 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Roberts has been in the league for quite a while and now we are going to expect him to all of a sudden become an offensive contributor?

McKenzie has a role and is still super young, we may not even know how good he could be yet.  

If they go with 6 WRs (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis and Roberts are locks) like they did on opening day last year, plus with them using Roberts with the first team offense, that signals to me that McK is the odd man out.  And remember that they released him earlier this year and no one else signed him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

If they go with 6 WRs (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis and Roberts are locks) like they did on opening day last year, plus with them using Roberts with the first team offense, that signals to me that McK is the odd man out.  And remember that they released him earlier this year and no one else signed him. 

He wasn’t released.  He became a FA and they re-signed him.

we’ll see what happens.  I think they keep 7 this year.

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

He wasn’t released.  He became a FA and they re-signed him.

we’ll see what happens.  I think they keep 7 this year.

True, he wasn't released.  But the point is he was free for anyone to sign and no one did. 

If they keep 7 WRs, all bets are off.  There are going to be some tough cuts at WR.

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah looks like they're going to cut McK because Roberts can do what he does and return. 

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd take that bet.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

If the Bills are going to let McKenzie go, then Brian Daboll gave the best smokescreen performance in the history of press conferences on Friday.