Bills scrimmage 8/27

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Out of 79 punts, Bojo put 34 of them inside the opponent's 20. Only two other punters were better than that-- Jake Bailey of NE*, and Brett Kern of Tenn. And Bailey probably cheated...

You're going to have more opportunities to pooch a punt when you have little faith in kicking long field goals.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

The looting has been repeatedly condemned by those who support social justice.  The raised fist folks were repeatedly condemned by those who support social justice.  

Police once again use excessive force - excuses and praise from the Right. "Militia" kills two people - excuses and praise from the Right. 

The Right's vilification of "social justice" is yet another threat to our liberal democratic system. 

Okey doke bro. No use trying to discuss anything with someone so radicalized. On another topic, It was a hellova good scrimmage today. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ProeBills said:

Some obvious comments about 1sts vs 2nds:

1. Coaches WANT their squads to succeed! They want to build confidence and create opportunities for success / wins;
  2. First team vs first team means ANY injured player is a starter;
  3. More difficult to evaluate bubble players against bubble players. Need to evaluate bubble players against better opposition.

Summary:

1. 1st teams (O and D) succeeded. Comments diminishing Josh's reported fantastic outing are simply missing the point - he succeeded in the situation the coaches put him in;
  2. I presume coaches got a good look at bubble players against better competition;
  3. No injury report so far that I've seen - could be good news or just incomplete.
  4. Good day coaches!
  5. The rest is just noise

The Jets thought so too.  LOL

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He mentions that Knox dropped a pass. I've seen that reported at a few other camp practices too. He might just always have inconsistent hands.

Like Travis Kelce? Am I wrong, or does that elite TE seem to drop at least one gimme nearly every (prime time) game? Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. We know, for example, that NE's Bearded Smurf, Julian PEDelman, has below average hands but still manages to be highly productive (and hate-able). 

There was definitely a playoff game last season in which Kelce dropped more than one pass early on (only to of course catch a s#!t ton of balls in the second half). Maybe I'm misremembering. It happens.

• Like (+1) 1

I was pretty confident in drafting Singletary in round 4/5 in fantasy.

I think I may shift that strategy to Moss in round 10/11.

Singletary will never be a bell cow but will be extremely efficient at around 150 to 200 carries max in a split backfield.  

Weren't there stories last year of him getting winded easy in games?  Or am I confusing him with someone else?  

Whatever.  The guy averaged over 5 yards a carry last year so there is something special about him.  It just might be he's more effective in a time share.  I think that's why the Broncos brought in Gordon, they think the same about Lindsay.  And I think he's awesome.  Just can't be a 250 carry guy.  

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is some discussion that they could platoon Daryl Williams and Nsekhe at RT

I don’t hate it...with the shortened offseason why not keep your pass protectors fresher? Plus if you were to lose Dawkins for any period of time, you don’t have that whole “changing two positions along the OL” thing that coaches hate. I mean, you’re still doing it, but with Williams getting time at RT regularly, it would feel less like a double-change at OT.