Bills scrimmage 8/27

YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You’re not alone.  I recently discovered that I can listen to WGR on the Radio app during this past season and I stopped listening to Schopp and the Bulldog.   They might be the worst local sports radio show I’ve ever heard.   I’ll tune back in during the season, but until then I’d rather listening to screeching birds looped over someone playing the piano with oven mits. 

Schopp comes across (to me, at least) as someone who is only mildly interested in football, and even then more interested in betting and fantasy aspects of the game.

And his hour long tangents about random crap really annoy me. More evidence that he doesn't really care about the Bills or the game because he can't stand talking about them for more than 5 minutes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

His average yards per punt were second to last in the league last season, but he was actually one of the best at dropping it within the 20 yard line.

Joe Marino's podcast on ST said the opposite. I can't remember where he sourced his stats but he said that Bojo was statistically a liability on pinning opponents inside the 20, which is how I remembered it. In addition his hangtime was bad so that when he boomed one it would outkick the coverage.

10 hours ago, eball said:

I'm sure you are both the "players should stick to sports" types as well.  If you don't like the discussion go to another board or start your own thread.  Unfortunately this is not about "politics" it's about social justice.  By ignoring it or wanting it neatly categorized somewhere else you are part of the problem, not the solution.

People like you are SO programmed it’s astonishing. Yet you’ve never read an actual study on police interaction w civilians. You’ve only seen ridiculously biased news stories from companies that exist solely to divide us. 

Look at EVERY headline. This formula is 100% accurate. Black perpetrator: race will not be mentioned. White: lead w race. 

I’ve read actual studies, I don’t rely on media and honestly ignorant athletes like the ones in the NFL and other major sports leagues. They’re as conditioned as you.

Start w Roland Fryer’s study from a few years ago. He’s the youngest ever tenured professor at Harvard, and a black man. He was surprised when he actually LOOKED at the data. Not tweets from idiots and professional agitators and manipulators. 

Studies definitively prove there is absolutely no disproportionate targeting of non whites by police. You are wrong. That is not opinion that is fact based on empirical data not anecdotal evidence and misplaced and manipulated emotion. 

Remember the news stories about all those white people brutalized by police and mistreated and wrongly arrested? Yeah me neither. Doesn’t mean they didn’t happen, because they absolutely did. Your mind is owned by those who want us divided. You are a perfect success for them. Ignorant and emotional. 

Repetition is the most powerful and simple form of mind control. This narrative is repeated over and over and over yet has NO ACTUAL SUBSTANCE backing it. It is amazing to see a narrative go so unchallenged and that’s bc of people being afraid to be called racist. Well I don’t care I simply followed objective fact and there is no backing to this narrative. 

Read studies, drop the emotion, learn what anecdotal evidence is and why it’s so weak. Stop watching the operatives on news media. 

I’m just sick and tired of hearing this narrative presented as if it’s fact. And I know many of you reading this will agree even if you don’t say so. Stop being afraid to speak truth. Stop letting over emotional posters like the quoted disparage your position w a weak, backless argument. 

And there’s nothing wrong w this being left in the football section. It’s wrapped up in sports now whether you want it to be or not. But stop listening to athletes, they don’t know any more than you do and they mostly go along w the rest of their team or else they’ll be black balled. They simply have a more exposed platform.

It’s your choice to let your beliefs be formed by emotion or by reality. And if you choose reality, do the work and read the hard data and the great studies done on these actual subjects. And no a vox article or chart isn’t what I’m referring to.

Edited by BillsSB2020KO
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, eball said:

@BillsSB2020KO wow that’s a lot of time you spent exposing your bias and ignorance. 

I don’t think 5 minutes is too much to show how much of an intellectual coward you are. 

At least I spend the time, you react based on headlines like the majority of the population. I put in the work, did you eball?

And to write off my entire position as bias and ignorance is a perfect response by someone who has nothing to say

• Like (+1) 6

21 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Joe Marino's podcast on ST said the opposite. I can't remember where he sourced his stats but he said that Bojo was statistically a liability on pinning opponents inside the 20, which is how I remembered it. In addition his hangtime was bad so that when he boomed one it would outkick the coverage.

Marino hates Bojo almost as much as he hates josh Norman but not quite as much as he Hates the idea of mckenzie returning punts 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Out of 79 punts, Bojo put 34 of them inside the opponent's 20. Only two other punters were better than that-- Jake Bailey of NE*, and Brett Kern of Tenn. And Bailey probably cheated...

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Out of 79 punts, Bojo put 34 of them inside the opponent's 20. Only two other punters were better than that-- Jake Bailey of NE, and Brett Kern of the Pats*. And Kern probably cheated...

Woah!  The Cheaters had 2 punters last year?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Marino hates Bojo almost as much as he hates josh Norman but not quite as much as he Hates the idea of mckenzie returning punts 

IIRC, he had many inside the 20 but just barely.  Not so many inside the 10 or better.  Hang time was really good and the rate of returns was pretty low.  Just not a consistent, directional kicker.  Maybe he gets better. 

Agreed, I don't think Mckenzie should ever be trusted as a returner again and he was so bad at it in Denver that it got him waived.  The Josh Norman thing should be pretty easy for them to scout.  Just overlay the videos of him in coverage and see if he has lost anything or if it was all on how the WFT wanted him to play it.  The Bills should be in a good position to be right about him.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ah yes that is certainly true. He does tend to  be unwavering once he takes a stance on a player. Oddly the exception to that rule maybe Josh Allen.

4 hours ago, bearstobills said:

So frustrated with WGR.  All I want is the Sal segment so I can hear about today's practice.  Finally he comes on (the segment is actually called 'What Went On At Camp Today' complete with a sponsor).  Sal starts talking about how solid Allen was.  Then Mike steers the conversation off the rails, and suddenly they're talking about the Jets signing Kallen Ballage and what his fantasy impact will be.  After 15 minutes of this, it's time for Sal to go.  Arggghhhh.....we deserve better.

And that my friends is my first post.  I figure it's a better outlet than screaming in my car.

Great 1st post & welcome to the board! I don't listen to WGR that often. But i can't understand why anyone would talk about Kalen Ballage for 2 minutes, yet alone 15 of them. Last year he earned 135 yards on 74 carries for a 1.8 yards per carry average, with three scores, in 12 games. And they're talking about his fantasy impact?

Thats crazy

• Thank you (+1) 1