Bills scrimmage 8/27

YoloinOhio

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

Most teams run these scrimmages the way the Bills do: #1 offense against #2 defense, and vice versa. Not sure why, but that's how it goes around the league.

And for anyone who would want to downplay the offense's success against the 2nd team: Just remember that the Jets starting offense went six straight drives against the 2nd string defense without scoring a touchdown. SIX STRAIGHT DRIVES! Now THAT'S reason for concern. The Bills starting offense dominating the second string defense, though? That's a good thing. That's what you want to see and expect to see.

Plus that defense knows what's coming.  They practice against the offense daily.  I don't think you can discount that.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Jets scrimmaged yesterday, and their 1st string offenses, and defenses were scorched by their opposing #2s. A common refrain on their message boards was that the #2s were all fighting for their roster spots, and were therefor playing a lot harder. So, I guess it's a bit concerning to me that our #2s aren't playing very hard for their roster spots, and also that our #1s are so insecure in their spots that they're playing so hard during a scrimmage.

That might be the common refrain sure, but I think the real reason was because the Jets suck 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

Did Thad Brown actually say Josh Allen was "fantastic"???!!!.....

It evidently can actually happen ??

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

The Jets don't seem too motivated for their coach.

You can hardly blame them, his track record last season and with the Fins doesn’t spark enthusiasm. Hope they extend him ?

4 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Social justice is politics if you classify looting and violence, threatening people who don't raise their fists as social justice.  You operate as if there us a fixed, accepted definition of social justice and apparently there is not. And now I hope to concentrate on the scrimmage.

The looting has been repeatedly condemned by those who support social justice.  The raised fist folks were repeatedly condemned by those who support social justice.  

Police once again use excessive force - excuses and praise from the Right. "Militia" kills two people - excuses and praise from the Right. 

The Right's vilification of "social justice" is yet another threat to our liberal democratic system. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

How about NOW? Is anybody else missing preseason games?

Preseason games are very important for evaluating players in a near game day environment, those that say and have said otherwise have always been wrong ??

Go Bills!!!

55 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Jets scrimmaged yesterday, and their 1st string offenses, and defenses were scorched by their opposing #2s. A common refrain on their message boards was that the #2s were all fighting for their roster spots, and were therefor playing a lot harder. So, I guess it's a bit concerning to me that our #2s aren't playing very hard for their roster spots, and also that our #1s are so insecure in their spots that they're playing so hard during a scrimmage.

Jets fans...

They are so delusional.

27 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

The looting has been repeatedly condemned by those who support social justice.  The raised fist folks were repeatedly condemned by those who support social justice.  

Police once again use excessive force - excuses and praise from the Right. "Militia" kills two people - excuses and praise from the Right. 

The Right's vilification of "social justice" is yet another threat to our liberal democratic system. 

Still? Haven't you guys been asked numerous times to leave this stuff out of the thread?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well that answers the kicker question now doesn’t it. 

The Bass O Matic has arrived! 

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Going to pat myself on the back here.  I called this one pretty early.

Usually when you draft a kicker you keep him. The only doubt was COVID-19 not allowing preseason and thus not allowing a lot of time for evaluation.