Bills scrimmage 8/27

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Bass I can understand but I have no idea how Bojo still has a job.

He has a big leg. Maybe they think they can help him get more consistent, and I'm assuming he performed better than the punters they brought in to compete.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

The coaches who watch him everyday probably do.

I mean, sure, but it’s not as though this staff hasn’t had some questionable decisions over the years, as rare as they may seem.

Still, Bojo is one of the worst punters in the league so I’m perplexed how he’s managed to stick around this long.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

I mean, sure, but it’s not as though this staff hasn’t had some questionable decisions over the years, as rare as they may seem.

Still, Bojo is one of the worst punters in the league so I’m perplexed how he’s managed to stick around this long.

Based on what?

I mean they brought in two guys to try and take the job from him he just keeps hanging in there.

He is pretty middle of the road. Deffffffinitely not one of the worst.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

He is pretty middle of the road. Deffffffinitely not one of the worst.

Serious question but what is he middle of the road in? I haven’t looked in a while but from I can remember he was one of the worst in average and net yards per punt. 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it depends on how they handle it but I'd think on a scrimmage day like this they'd blow the play dead.

Oh for sure! Im pretty sure we are on the same page on this. I think I'm just asking the question in a weird way!! ?

2 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

On that note, I'm calling this one now. Hauschka will be in New England by the end of the week

Oh, he'll get a job for sure...he's not a "bad" kicker.  The Bills simply drafted one who can be better, and probably is right now.

• Like (+1) 2

Singletary’s ball security issues continue, Moss flashes again

The Bills came into training camp with high hopes for their young running back duo. The optimism remains, but so has Devin Singletary’s fumbling issues in his second training camp. On his first carry of the scrimmage, Singletary was stopped at the line and had the ball poked out from his arms. It was the second time in camp that he’s lost a fumble. That’s alarming considering the Bills have had only seven padded practices and not a whole lot of team drills and rushing attempts.

On his next carry between the tackles, Singletary squeezed with both arms to avoid another fumble. He bounced back and turned a reception into a 14-yard touchdown later on. But the fumbling concerns persist.

“We expect him to continue to raise his game,” McDermott said on Monday. “I thought he had a good day yesterday protecting the football and getting some yards after contact. So we’ll expect him to continue in that regard.”

Moss took advantage of most of his opportunities on Thursday. He corralled a pass on the sideline, ran past Jaquan Johnson and collected 12 yards. He flashed vision and quick legs to cut back from one side on his first rushing attempt and found a running lane for a touchdown. Moss also provided the “wow” moment of practice when he ran with force up the middle, lowered his center of gravity, met Dean Marlowe shoulder-to-shoulder and knocked the safety on his back before picking up more yards. Moss also hasn’t fumbled the ball since camp began. Singletary has had his positive moments, but fumbling issues and blitz pickup are two hurdles he must clear to maintain his prominent role.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So, after reading all the real football updates in here...this seems to be conclusions summed up:

• Starting offense dominated the 2nd string defense.  Which is great, but also, obvious reasons to not over value this either.  Still great to see.  
  • Josh Allen completed 70% of his passes, 3 TDs and over 300 yards and only 1 turnover that was more the fault of the WR.  That would be a very good day...BUT there is one more piece of missing info that makes this a sensational day...all that production was done in what was essentially just 2.5 quarters of play!!!  Sounds like he was on pace for 500 yards, 5 TDs had they played 4 full quarters.  Again, still worth noting it was against our second string defense...but none the less, thats great to see and he had that day WITHOUT Diggs.  
  • Starting defense dominated second string offense.  No shock there, and to be expected.  Still good to see, but really nothing surprising about one of the best defensive units in football beating down backup players.  
  • Davis continues to shine, although he did have the tipped pass off his hands that resulted in an INT.  
  • Moss is going to be a load to bring down and if he keeps playing like this, I think this will be more of a Panthers like (DeAngelo and Stewart) 50-50 timeshare pretty early into the season.  Not at all a knock on Devin, just think these two will both be very good in this offense and compliment each other very well. 
  • Taiwan Jones odds of beating out Yeldon are starting to dwindle due to health issues that seem to always be an issue for him.  I think Yeldon is emerging as the favorite to be the veteran 3rd back over Taiwan.  Although I do like Taiwan overall skill set better.  
  • Some reporters just cant let Allen have compliments...the guy saying he was solid and basically same ole Josh Allen today in terms of inconsistency is a buffoon.  70% comp, 3 TDS, over 300 yards in the air in 2.5 quarters is "solid"...I mean come on, even Thad said he had a great day.  

There was also a mention of Josh playing "pitch and catch, pitch and catch" - implication being taking what he was being given, finding the open guy w/o "hero balls",  and moving the chains.

Also think some one mentioned the ball was really spread around - with pretty much every skill position player getting their hands on it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProeBills said:

Some obvious comments about 1sts vs 2nds:

1. Coaches WANT their squads to succeed! They want to build confidence and create opportunities for success / wins;
  2. First team vs first team means ANY injured player is a starter;
  3. More difficult to evaluate bubble players against bubble players. Need to evaluate bubble players against better opposition.

Summary:

1. 1st teams (O and D) succeeded. Comments diminishing Josh's reported fantastic outing are simply missing the point - he succeeded in the situation the coaches put him in;
  2. I presume coaches got a good look at bubble players against better competition;
  3. No injury report so far that I've seen - could be good news or just incomplete.
  4. Good day coaches!
  5. The rest is just noise

Excellent points, especially the third comment. I read that Love looked great, obviously meant much more since he went against the 1s than it would have if he was against the backups.

3 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Loving this news about #17 bossing it especially compared with news of the infamous Jets scrimmage yesterday.

Also happens to be 17 days until the Jets game...come on Goodell, let's move the game up to tomorrow!

can't wait GIF

No matter what someone tries to add to this gif all I hear is, "***k yo couch ****a" :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Count me among those disappointed that Bojo is still somehow our best option at punter. Ugh. 

He's still working on becoming the best version of himself.

Sorry, that's all I got.