Chris Brown suspended [Mod edited] from all Bills platforms

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He has never been the smartest. No surprise he managed to break the rules despite being employed by the Bills. 

Rules by the paranoid. Someone reports that players are being tried at different positions during training camp and it is treated as a treasonous act of espionage. It's akin to reprimanding someone for reporting that the dog barks or the cat meows. Absurdity at the level of silliness. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JohnC said:

Rules by the paranoid. Someone reports that players are being tried at different positions during training camp and it is treated as a treasonous act of espionage. It's akin to reprimanding someone for reporting that the dog barks or the cat meows. Absurdity at the level of silliness. 

Yea you can think the rules are ridiculous, but they are the rules. If all the external reporters have to abide by them Brown should to. He made a very foolish error.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's ironic that they have been paying this "Baghdad Bob" to spew team propaganda for years and the first time he actually reports on objective info (OOOOO!! the Rookie is lining up....ON THE LEFT!!), they can him.

That's bush league.

Haha oh I forgot about Baghdad Bob, good reference.

That joker stood there on Iraqi TV (their only news station) and insisted the U.S and her allies were getting defeated and driven back, meanwhile we are systematically pummeling them and advancing closer everyday.

I think on his last day we literally took out their communication tower on his building while he was saying Iraq has things under control

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea you can think the rules are ridiculous, but they are the rules. If all the external reporters have to abide by them Brown should to. He made a very foolish error.

The problem isn't the rules. The problem is that he is doing a radio show for the organization about the team. What is he supposed to say on the show?  How does a radio host talk about a training camp when he is not allowed to report on anything he observes? Being tongue tied is one thing but taking away the tongue makes you mute. A classic case of rules taken to an absurd level for a person in the role that he is in. This is taking an order to be bland to a ridiculous level. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

The problem isn't the rules. The problem is that he is doing a radio show for the organization about the team. What is he supposed to say on the show?  How does a radio host talk about a training camp when he is not allowed to report on anything he observes? Being tongue tied is one thing but taking away the tongue makes you mute. A classic case of rules taken to an absurd level for a person in the role that he is in. This is taking an order to be bland to a ridiculous level. 

But they were the rules..... he broke them. It was foolish. The rules are foolish, but he still breached them.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Haha oh I forgot about Baghdad Bob, good reference.

That joker stood there on Iraqi TV (their only news station) and insisted the U.S and her allies were getting defeated and driven back, meanwhile we are systematically pummeling them and advancing closer everyday.

I think on his last day we literally took out their communication tower on his building while he was saying Iraq has things under control

Good times, lol.

The Bills from day one insisted on calling Brown a "Bills Lead Journalist" and when he finally reports a completely innocuous practice tidbit, they dump him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

That’s actually not the policy. It’s the specific things mentioned. Depth chart. Where players are lining up.

1 minute ago, Pasaluki said:

By banning him the Bills did the impossible and made him interesting. Because he's now interesting I dont think he should have been banned.

True! Plus I never thought I would see TBD rally behind CB.

• Haha (+1) 2

This is all being blown out of proportion. 

It doesn't sound like Chris Brown was fired.  He was temporarily banned for breaking a rule, and will be back.

As a former news reporter, I certainly believe in the rights of a free press.  But the media also needs to respect the pre-set rules requested by sources.  It's like saying a certain bit of information is off the record.  The Bills didn't want certain aspects of their strategy released publicly, and Brown failed to abide by that rule.  And if the Bills allowed Brown (who is actually employed by the team) to break the rule, they couldn't really enforce it on the other reporters.

Agree with the sentiments upthread about bush league nature of Brownie’s canning if that’s how it went down over some WGR remarks—I’ve actually liked his info through the years and feel bad for him. Hope this resolves in his favor quickly. 

I mean, just how vanilla would his camp feedback have to be?? I saw the guys out there today...whoops, sorry, maybe they weren’t actually out there today...

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s actually not the policy. It’s the specific things mentioned. Depth chart. Where players are lining up.

Chris Brown is doing a radio show about the Bills and talking about training camp. What is he supposed to talk about? In training camp the depth chart and where the players line up is in a constant state of flux. That shouldn't be surprising during training camp. What makes this issue absurd is not the rules per se. It is the fact that he co-hosts a two hour??? radio show. What is he supposed to talk about? Which players have the worst jock itch?   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Chris Brown is doing a radio show about the Bills and talking about training camp. What is he supposed to talk about? In training camp the depth chart and where the players line up is in a constant state of flux. That shouldn't be surprising during training camp. What makes this issue absurd is not the rules per se. It is the fact that he co-hosts a two hour??? radio show. What is he supposed to talk about? Which players have the worst jock itch?   

What did he talk about when no football was going on? This show is on every day during the off season too.

He should know the rules and abide by them. In this case he should speak in generalities. Talk about certain players playing really well and others struggling, but don't mention who they like up with. Most of the other media people are managing.

Well, he is an employee of the Bills, and as such they can give him whatever orders they want regarding what he tells the public.  A suspension seems a bit extreme for a first offense.  I wonder if he's been warned before.  Obviously something happened as this is probably the time of year that he would ordinarily be most visible.  

As a fan, I'm feeling rather starved for information as it only seems to come in dribbles as compared to the flow of ordinary years.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's ironic that they have been paying this "Baghdad Bob" to spew team propaganda for years and the first time he actually reports on objective info (OOOOO!! the Rookie is lining up....ON THE LEFT!!), they can him.

That's bush league.

Brown is an employee of the team, not an independent reporter, he is not supposed to say anything that the team doesn’t okay in advance. Murphy, Glab, Tasker and Brown are marketing employees, nothing more, it’s amazing that so many here don’t get that. And yes, media is marketing for all team employed reporters. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1