Norwood’s XXV game jersey up for auction

4_kidd_4

https://sports.ha.com/itm/football-collectibles/uniforms/1990-scott-norwood-super-bowl-xxv-game-worn-buffalo-bills-jersey-with-player-letter/a/50029-80073.s

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-kicker-scott-norwoods-wide-right-jersey-from-super-bowl-xxv-up-for-auction/article_b71eac8c-e7e5-11ea-a735-cb2144a5e684.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

$23k & counting!

He sold it to a collector in ‘08, and the anonymous owner is auctioning it.

I say we “go fund me”, bring it back to Buffalo and bury it deep, only to be exhumed when we can wrap our first Lombardi in it!

“This letter is to certify that the accompanying game worn jersey was issued to me by the Buffalo Bills and worn during Super Bowl XXV versus the New York Giants. The jersey has been in my family possession since that game and is an original and the only one that I wore at Super Bowl XXV. I hope that a fan enjoys it as much as I enjoyed playing football in the NFL.

“Sincerely, Scott A. Norwood”

22 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Pass.  Feel bad for the guy as he had a good career, kickers did not typically make 47 yarders back then, and he didn’t miss a kick the following year.  

He had a 62% kick percentage the year after. He was terrible.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes he was. His career percentage was 72%. If you throw out 1988, it's awful. Buy it....burn it...bury it. Excorcise that awful day.

Remember the raiders OT win late in the season. He missed 3 FG's and an XP before hitting the game winning kick. Thurman said they would have thrown Norwood out of the plane on the ride home if he missed it.

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Pass.  Feel bad for the guy as he had a good career, kickers did not typically make 47 yarders back then, and he didn’t miss a kick the following year.  

MGK, theory on this and i am sorry this is just what we do as Bills fans...if they had run Thomas to the left on the previous play instead of the right do you think Norwood would have split the uprights?

Although he maybe would have made different adjustments I like to think he would have.