Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Antioch, IL looks to be about a 20 minute drive to Kenosha, WI.  

that he crossed state lines with an illegal weapon is still of note, even if the duration of the drive was a bit less substantial 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

that he crossed state lines with an illegal weapon is still of note, even if the duration of the drive was a bit less substantial 

It is of note.  I took a quick look at the map because the talking points from media outlets are "drove from out of state", "crossed state lines".  The terms are evocative so immediately my spin meter went off.  Its language that while factual, wants to create an impression that he crossed the Alps to shoot people in a community he has no ties to.  Turns out he's rather local.  

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-kenosha-wisconsin-protesters-shot-jacob-blake-20200826-2whqqtogjrcx5db5zfdkuw374y-story.html

Rittenhouse is a year too young to openly carry a gun in Wisconsin, and he and the other armed civilians were out past curfew.

And he wasn't stopped and arrested, apparently until he returned home???

He was clearly caught on camera walking towards police with his weapon in his hands, an AR 15 alledgedly...

Why was he even allowed to leave the scene???

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DefenseWins said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-kenosha-wisconsin-protesters-shot-jacob-blake-20200826-2whqqtogjrcx5db5zfdkuw374y-story.html

Rittenhouse is a year too young to openly carry a gun in Wisconsin, and he and the other armed civilians were out past curfew.

And he wasn't stopped and arrested, apparently until he returned home???

He was clearly caught on camera walking towards police with his weapon in his hands, an AR 15 alledgedly...

Why was he even allowed to leave the scene???

These groups generally appear to have the support of the police.  There's evidence of some level of cooperation in Kenosha and in Portland.

As a black man with two bi-racial children, I have learned something very meaningful from this thread.  I now know several of you guys who are no longer getting an invite to the Hammersticks’ family Thanksgiving celebration.  Yeeeesh!!  

Some of y’all are very ugly human beings.  Makes me very sad, honestly. ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

These groups generally appear to have the support of the police.  There's evidence of some level of cooperation in Kenosha and in Portland.

it feels, at least at times in some locations, that there’s some sentiment of it being good to let the militia do what the police can’t. Which is a bit worrisome. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

As a black man with two bi-racial children, I have learned something very meaningful from this thread.  I now know several of you guys who are no longer getting an invite to the Hammersticks’ family Thanksgiving celebration.  Yeeeesh!!  

Some of y’all are very ugly human beings.  Makes me very sad, honestly. ??‍♂️

This forum, like all others, is a microcosm of the human condition in general and of America in particular. We have our challenges to say the least. But have a happy Thanksgiving nonetheless. 

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This forum, like all others, is a microcosm of the human condition in general and of America in particular. We have our challenges to say the least. But have a happy Thanksgiving nonetheless. 

Trying to secure an invite I see?

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Way to compare apples and oranges.  All the guy had to do was stand down and he would be alive and back on the street this morning.  Some public defender would assure this once the guy was brought in and processed by the police.  Just a FYI a person is not allowed to play by his own rules when confronted by the police.  The cops do not have to let anybody re-enter a vehicle if they suspect there is a fatal risk to themselves, the person being confronted, or a bystander.  

George Floyd was handcuffed and on the ground with a knee on his neck. He was killed. Why would any black man now trust the police enough to just cooperate, let them handcuff him, and be confident he’ll be “back on the street this morning” instead of in a body bag?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PastaJoe said:

George Floyd was handcuffed and on the ground with a knee on his neck. He was killed. Why would any black man now trust the police enough to just cooperate, let them handcuff him, and be confident he’ll be “back on the street this morning” instead of in a body bag?

Awesome. So no black person should cooperate with police? Sounds like a plan for a solid decrease in the number of police shootings.

Do you people even think before you type?

4 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

How do you know he was reaching for a weapon, and not checking on his 3 kids?

image.thumb.jpeg.491b494c96885b8790b9faa7dfd35983.jpeg

That was my question ....  

whats with the blue gloves ?   hiding  finger prints (forget about facial recognition) 

18 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

way over

# of paged before it goes to the PPP

I was way off.....   

I'll make it 13 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

That was my question ....  

whats with the blue gloves keeps ??   finger prints (forget about facial recognition) 

Latex gloves to prevent gun residue on the hands so it couldn’t be used to prove he was shooting. Obviously he planned on shooting and trying to get away with it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Awesome. So no black person should cooperate with police? Sounds like a plan for a solid decrease in the number of police shootings.

Awesome.  So you authoritarians would rather lick the asphalt one last time before meeting your maker?  If complying gets you killed and resisting gets you killed, I'd rather go out standing on my own two feet.  At least give myself a fighting chance.

This is fun! 

Just now, PastaJoe said:

Latex gloves to prevent gun residue on the hands so it couldn’t be used to prove he was shooting. Obviously he planned on shooting and trying to get away with it.

Or he was wearing gloves and a mask because of Covid.  

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Awesome.  So you authoritarians would rather lick the asphalt one last time before meeting your maker?  If complying gets you killed and resisting gets you killed, I'd rather go out standing on my own two feet.  At least give myself a fighting chance.

This is fun! 

If that's ACTUALLY the thinking, then no one should be protesting police shootings.

As I said upthread...there are bad police shootings. This wasn't one.

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think there’s a difference between “no black person should cooperate” and “it’s a bit sheisty to tell black people to shut up and cooperate and there won’t be any issues” in response to one of these incidents

• Like (+1) 1