Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

So. To recap: man with multiple warrants refuses police orders, reaches into the car to retrieve a weapon and being shot for it is WRONG?

The dearth of common sense in this country is appalling. Are there unjustified police shootings? Yes. Was this one of them? No.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They should just cancel the season.  Cops will continue to shoot criminals that resist arrest and assault officers.  Its the only way they can reasonably continue to support the actions of criminals.

17 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

F7B25BC8-E77E-4621-9CD0-123BE49594F0.jpeg

Looks like keys to me.  The knife he wanted was on the floorboard of the car which was where he was headed.  Justified shooting imo.

22 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So. To recap: man with multiple warrants refuses police orders, reaches into the car to retrieve a weapon and being shot for it is WRONG?

The dearth of common sense in this country is appalling. Are there unjustified police shootings? Yes. Was this one of them? No.

How do you know he was reaching for a weapon, and not checking on his 3 kids?

image.thumb.jpeg.491b494c96885b8790b9faa7dfd35983.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

How do you know he was reaching for a weapon, and not checking on his 3 kids?

image.thumb.jpeg.491b494c96885b8790b9faa7dfd35983.jpeg

First guy, given instructions to not move. I don't know about you, but a cop points a gun at me, I'm not moving. But then again, I have common sense.

Second guy was being assaulted and killed two of his three assailants.

But you can never count on a leftist to have honest debate. When you run into one that does engage in honest debate, it's refreshing.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, bdutton said:

They should just cancel the season.  Cops will continue to shoot criminals that resist arrest and assault officers.  Its the only way they can reasonably continue to support the actions of criminals.

Looks like keys to me.  The knife he wanted was on the floorboard of the car which was where he was headed.  Justified shooting imo.

Could be keys. Could be a knife. Cops identifying that he had a knife in his possession and shouting for him to drop it, plus the knife being located on the floorboard (after he dropped it after being shot?). 2 + 2 + 2 is looking like it is equaling 6 here, despite a lot of people that for some reason would prefer it equaled 5. 

34 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

First guy, given instructions to not move. I don't know about you, but a cop points a gun at me, I'm not moving. But then again, I have common sense.

Second guy was being assaulted and killed two of his three assailants.

But you can never count on a leftist to have honest debate. When you run into one that does engage in honest debate, it's refreshing.

Absolutely disgusting that people are claiming self defense for this shooter.  Appalling really.

Poor kid was just going for a leisurely stroll in another state with an assault rifle just minding his own business...

This garbage should be moved to PPP where it can be ignored by anyone with a properly working brain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Absolutely disgusting that people are claiming self defense for this shooter.  Appalling really.

Poor kid was just going for a leisurely stroll in another state with an assault rifle just minding his own business...

This garbage should be moved to PPP where it can be ignored by anyone with a properly working brain.

Like it or not, the 2nd Amendment means that the presence of a weapon, isolated from other factors, is not a threat. 

Tough to claim self-defense when you feloniously possess said weapon, however. 

And it’s not an assault rifle. 

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Like the hoodlums out burning and looting were just minding their own business?

:lol:

Like CNN says: "Fiery, but MOSTLY peaceful protest."

You people. :lol:

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

Like it or not, the 2nd Amendment means that the presence of a weapon, isolated from other factors, is not a threat. 

Tough to claim self-defense when you feloniously possess said weapon, however. 

And it’s not an assault rifle. 

Nothing better than getting bogged down in the semantics of weapon classification!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

so if we expand out from whether or not legally justified to how we would think shootings should happen on a broad level... 

can’t see where he’s reaching - makes me uncomfortable to just shoot every time and call it good.

pulling knife- if you can’t give a bit of space then sure but if you can step back a bit to give buffer and continue managing the situation - I prefer that. 

Gun involved - I skew pretty heavily to giving officers leeway once it’s a gun in hand. 

As a white male I would 100% expect to be dropped by police if I disregarded their orders and reached into my vehicle. Luckily I’m smarter than that. Luckily I will instruct my children to never do such a thing or they should expect to get pegged too. 

There are racial issues and police brutality issues in this country. This wasn’t one of them. This was a common sense issue. It frightens me that so many can’t see this. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

so if we expand out from whether or not legally justified to how we would think shootings should happen on a broad level... 

can’t see where he’s reaching - makes me uncomfortable to just shoot every time and call it good.

pulling knife- if you can’t give a bit of space then sure but if you can step back a bit to give buffer and continue managing the situation - I prefer that. 

Gun involved - I skew pretty heavily to giving officers leeway once it’s a gun in hand. 

No offense but a lot can happen in a split second and you have no idea what the police may have been thinking.  We do know at the moment of the shooting that the suspect was wanted on multiple warrants including domestic assault and felony sexual assault, was the reason the police were called there (domestic disturbance), had resisted arrest, a taser had been deployed, assaulted the police, failed to obey lawful orders to stop and get on the ground then reached into his car for something (a weapon?).

Watch this video and tell me  why police should never let a suspect get back to his car after resisting and assaulting police...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Reentering a vehicle isn’t usually punishable by death. 

Way to compare apples and oranges.  All the guy had to do was stand down and he would be alive and back on the street this morning.  Some public defender would assure this once the guy was brought in and processed by the police.  Just a FYI a person is not allowed to play by his own rules when confronted by the police.  The cops do not have to let anybody re-enter a vehicle if they suspect there is a fatal risk to themselves, the person being confronted, or a bystander.  

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

No offense but a lot can happen in a split second and you have no idea what the police may have been thinking.  We do know at the moment of the shooting that the suspect was wanted on multiple warrants including domestic assault and felony sexual assault, was the reason the police were called there (domestic disturbance), had resisted arrest, a taser had been deployed, assaulted the police, failed to obey lawful orders to stop and get on the ground then reached into his car for something (a weapon?).

Watch this video and tell me  why police should never let a suspect get back to his car after resisting and assaulting police...

so I’ll frame the thought exercise a different way and promise I’m not advocating disarming police here so please don’t go that route in a response. My point is how quickly we go to guns and how they change behavior- and not if they should have them in the first place but I’m going to take guns out of the list of options here to discuss alternate outcomes. Police should have them but I’m in favor of better training and accountability in usage. 

in the Blake situation, if the officer did not have a gun do you think he would have been able to resolve the situation without someone dying? 

Or similarly apply that to the Atlanta Wendy’s shooting?

or what would be different in how Breonna Taylor’s home was approached?

i understand that they are sometimes needed, so please skip any straw men with the answers. 

Edited by NoSaint

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Antioch, IL looks to be about a 20 minute drive to Kenosha, WI.