Bills announce no fans for 1st 2 home games

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

2,000 fans for Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas last night in Montgomery, Alabama... but we can’t have fans in September...

No one should have fans right now.  It's stupid.

And believe me, it is going to be strange and disappointing (at least for me) to watch these games with empty stadiums. For me, it will detract hugely from my enjoyment of the games.

You take out the crowd, energy, passion, and you're left with watching a scrimmage tape, albeit with high intensity.

We will all be happy when things are back to normal, but that won't be before the 2021 season.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No one should have fans right now.  It's stupid.

And believe me, it is going to be strange and disappointing (at least for me) to watch these games with empty stadiums. For me, it will detract hugely from my enjoyment of the games.

You take out the crowd, energy, passion, and you're left with watching a scrimmage tape, albeit with high intensity.

We will all be happy when things are back to normal, but that won't be before the 2021 season.

I completely disagree with you on the fans aspect, but there’s no sense in turning this into, yet another, one of those debates. 

Edited by SCBills

I read a recent study that indicated that home field advantage in the NFL (with fans in the stands, of course) is worth about 2.2 points. Given that 11 teams last year had an average margin of victory or defeat of 2.2 points or less, that’s significant.

It will be interesting to see what no fans in the stands means to home field advantage.I actually wrote an article about it for Medium, but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post it here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Not sure how I feel about this.

I sort of don't see what other choice they have. 

Too many teams and coaches are concerned about the opposition learning their calls and checks and so forth by so clearly being able to hear their communications.

They could play music instead of fan noise, I suppose, but they've got to do SOMETHING. 

I’m probably in the minority but I personally think fake noise is worse than no noise. So cheesy. Also I just heard the noise we will hear in the broadcast won’t just be the PA system noise. 

just not a fan..... I’m with the dude up the page.... beers and shots.... and then more beer.