Bills announce no fans for 1st 2 home games

Tbh, something that struck me, was the implications of trying to track and trace vast quantities of people, if there was an 'outbreak'. The assumption being there could be anything between 15 to 25,000 needing to be dealt with. Looks like a logistical nightmare to me, and something that no one will want to be having to do, even assuming the resources are there to do it.

I would rather see a whole football season with no fans present, than one where nobody is sure of how things are going to pan out, and has serious potential to fail.

The NFL needs to actually make one set of rules for all, and then enforce them, even if, sadly, it is the lowest common denominator, of 'no fans'.

While nothing beats actually 'being there', I'd bet that an awful lot of sports fans spend enough time watching from their armchairs, that we can manage to put up with it for a year.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

"Thank you for your continued support through this challenging offseason. We hope you and your family and friends are staying safe and healthy.

In June, New York State issued COVID-19 guidance to allow professional sports to be played without spectators. After much discussion and collaboration with the State and Erie County, those guidelines will remain unchanged for at least our first two home games against the New York Jets on September 13, and the Los Angeles Rams on September 27. We fully support New York State’s efforts to keep New Yorkers safe and will continue working together, along with the NFL, to establish policies and procedures that hopefully permit fans later this season.

We appreciate your patience and continued support of the Bills, and we will communicate any changes or future ticket sales dates in the weeks ahead.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your account representative."

So this applies to the Jets and the Giants too. Oh...........wait! 

These are strange times, indeed. It would be nice if every team played by the same set of rules to be fair, but at this point I’ll just be happy if we get a full season in. Life isn’t always fair. It makes sense to wait and see where are are as we move forward. All we can do is hope for the best. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

So this applies to the Jets and the Giants too. Oh...........wait! 

These are strange times, indeed. It would be nice if every team played by the same set of rules to be fair, but at this point I’ll just be happy if we get a full season in. Life isn’t always fair. It makes sense to wait and see where are are as we move forward. All we can do is hope for the best. 

Sadly we could only go to Canada and they wouldnt allow us to play at all.

Edited by TBBills

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I give it a 1% chance that they’ll change their tune for games 3&4 (and beyond).  The narrative will either be “cases are SKYROCKETING since kids are back in school!!!!!” or “let’s continue to be as safe as possible so we don’t end up like those southern states”.

I don't see fans at games this year either.

The league doesn't need fans at games; they need games to be played and televised.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My guess is that all of you folks whining about no fans for the first 2 games, would be the very first ones to whine if they decided to let in a limited number but with very strict rules.

Then you would get your tickets and be the very first ones to break each and every rule once you were in the stadium.

THIS is why we can't have nice things!

Your whining say a lot about you.

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 2

They should tack on a few more or maybe the whole season while they are at it.

Players don’t need fans there.  Take a look at the NHL or NBA.  Players can still hit game winning threes or miss game winning threes with or without fans.

If you think fan presence has any impact.  That’s a fable.

i mean we know us Buffalo Fans.  Don’t we?  A decade of plus of sold out stadiums that resulted in some of the worse losing in history of sports.

Team will be just fine or not with or without anyone.

• Like (+1) 2

B-ball & hockey are barely different without fans.  Baseball is quite a bit different, but only when a visiting pitcher is in a jam. 

Without fans, football will have the most pronounced difference of all the major sports.  I think you'll see much higher scoring games in general, as road teams shouldn't have to spend any wasted time on hand signals and auto adjustments due to noise.  Even for Bills road games, I doubt 3,000 fans in Miami will even create a din.  Actually the 10,000 Bills fans in Miami may turn that one into a road game for the Fins.

That playoff crowd noise in Texas really hampered the Bills late in that game.

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey

16 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

B-ball & hockey are barely different without fans.  Baseball is quite a bit different, but only when a visiting pitcher is in a jam. 

Without fans, football will have the most pronounced difference of all the major sports.  I think you'll see much higher scoring games in general, as road teams shouldn't have to spend any wasted time on hand signals and auto adjustments due to noise.  Even for Bills road games, I doubt 3,000 fans in Miami will even create a din.  Actually the 10,000 Bills fans in Miami may turn that one into a road game for the Fins.

That playoff crowd noise in Texas really hampered the Bills late in that game.

Buffalo in 8-8 at home past 2 seasons

Wins against

Mariota, Bortles, Tannehill, Stafford, Dalton, Fitz, Haskins, Brandon Allen

Loses against

Rivers, Brady, Brady, Darnold, Darnold, Trubisky, Wentz, Jackson

Fan noise?  I think it’s just quality of your opposing quarterback.  

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Buffalo in 8-8 at home past 2 seasons

Wins against

Mariota, Bortles, Tannehill, Stafford, Dalton, Fitz, Haskins, Brandon Allen

Loses against

Rivers, Brady, Brady, Darnold, Darnold, Trubisky, Wentz, Jackson

Fan noise?  I think it’s just quality of your opposing quarterback.  

Well this certainly settles it. ???‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

You can’t police completely what fans do outside of the stadium. So all it will take is for some people not to follow the rules and you are setting yourself up for another outbreak which is not worth the risk. Will it suck not to have any fans yes it will but unfortunately sacrifices have to made.

• Like (+1) 2