Bills Training Camp - 45 Years Ago

The Warden

• 2 weeks later...

During the rampant roid era with the likes of the Steelers, Raiders...

On 8/26/2020 at 10:42 PM, I am the egg man said:

Did he call  the one's that went, paid their taxes: Suckers??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

5 hours ago, ocemur said:

That's a nice pic of Jim Braxton. You don't see many pics of him for some reason.

Look at that lower body on the guy! 

Can you imagine having to try to tackle him?  

He looks like a freight train.

23 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Those were the NIagara University training camp years, no?

Long time ago but, I think they moved to Fredonia in the early 70's  Maybe close to the opening of Rich Stadium?  Niagara only lasted 5-6 years starting in 66-67.  I do remember OJ being a rookie while they were still practicing at Niagara.

17 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Long time ago but, I think they moved to Fredonia in the early 70's  Maybe close to the opening of Rich Stadium?  Niagara only lasted 5-6 years starting in 66-67.  I do remember OJ being a rookie while they were still practicing at Niagara.

No, they were definitely at NIagara then. I looked it up, they didn’t move to Fredonia until 1980.

Here’s the link:https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/training-camps.htm

Funny story from the NU days: I had a cousin who worked for Walker laundry and it was his job to pick up the uniforms daily so that they could be washed. He said that they had a free agent wide receiver in camp and the guy knew that he had no chance of making the team. He went out for a bomb on one play, caught the ball and then ran to a prearranged car in his full uniform. Jumped in and took off and was never heard from again. 😀

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

No, they were definitely at NIagara then. I looked it up, they didn’t move to Fredonia until 1980.

Here’s the link:https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/training-camps.htm

Funny story from the NU days: I had a cousin who worked for Walker laundry and it was his job to pick up the uniforms daily so that they could be washed. He said that they had a free agent wide receiver in camp and the guy knew that he had no chance of making the team. He went out for a bomb on one play, caught the ball and then ran to a prearranged car in his full uniform. Jumped in and took off and was never heard from again. 😀

They were in Fredonia 19 years