Can out of market Bills fans see Bills games using CBS All Access + a VPN??

Special K

45 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm not really sure (my wife writes all the checks), but I believe it's the same price as it is on DirectTV. Not cheap, but reliable. I think there are also different options available.

Thanks for that, going to go investigate this right now. I always have a way to watch Bills games but "reliable" works here in this bizarre year.

Edit: $400... not worth it to me when I can get them elsewhere. Thanks though.

Edited by T&C

17 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I truly can't wait until this is behind us. Us out of towners desperately need a la carte or "follow your team" legitimate/legal/reliable streaming option... with a good frame rate so it doesn't look like streaming.

There was an article i read, although i'm unsure how reliable, that AT&T/Directv is opening the Sunday Ticket streaming option up to some individuals who don't match their previous requirements (College Student or apartment building where dish access is unavailable). This was mostly in urban areas where Satellite TV is losing their customer base.

Below is the link to give it a shot. 

https://nflst.directv.com/

5 minutes ago, eball said:

NordVPN has a Buffalo server.

I think i'm going to attempt NordVPN and get YoutubeTV to attempt the VPN route this year. 

56 minutes ago, boater said:

I wouldn't lock into a contract, just in case it technically falls apart on you. Maybe CBS is month to month..

I know my VPN is spotty with streaming services. Sometimes it works, sometimes you want to pull your hair out.

Also.. I suspect VPN IP addresses are known to security professionals and are blocked. I know I can't online bank through the VPN, I have to shut it down before the bank allows me to connect (yes, that kind of defeats the reason to have a VPN, oui?). Maybe CBS blocks VPNs.

All great points boater and that's what I'm checking into now.  I got a good friend who is very knowledgeable about all these things.

I'm going to test it all out in about a week or so.

1.  CBS has a "free trial period" right now for 2 months.

2.  SlickVPN (with Buffalo servers) has a 1 month $10.00 price.

3.  Yes, some VPNs do mess with your stream but a lot of variables go into it.

4.  CBS All Access does look to block VPN addresses (mainly overseas ones) and sometimes you have to switch to another address.  It's a game of cat and mouse.

Talking to my friend I'm planning on setting CBS up with the VPN and then turning it off.  I'll only turn it on for Sunday football. 

7 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Dude, I reddit somewhere that you can get all games for free!

Works great but I do hate the delay.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Does anyone remember or have a link to the YouTube user who always posts the games soon after they're over? I believe he is overseas with the military or something?

Are you talking about Timekills?

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

You can pay to stream the games through a PlayStation or Xbox. It was like 280 for the entire season last year. I’d bet you could download the app and stream it directly through some TVs. 

Goodluck.

There is an app on my smart TV that says “PlayStation Video”....Is that the app you’re talking about??

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm not really sure (my wife writes all the checks), but I believe it's the same price as it is on DirectTV. Not cheap, but reliable. I think there are also different options available.

I think if you can get direct tv satelite installed you cant get sunday ticket through direct tv. am i wrong?

59 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

All great points boater and that's what I'm checking into now.  I got a good friend who is very knowledgeable about all these things.

I'm going to test it all out in about a week or so.

1.  CBS has a "free trial period" right now for 2 months.

2.  SlickVPN (with Buffalo servers) has a 1 month $10.00 price.

3.  Yes, some VPNs do mess with your stream but a lot of variables go into it.

4.  CBS All Access does look to block VPN addresses (mainly overseas ones) and sometimes you have to switch to another address.  It's a game of cat and mouse.

Talking to my friend I'm planning on setting CBS up with the VPN and then turning it off.  I'll only turn it on for Sunday football. 

Works great but I do hate the delay.

what is the delay? using third part streaming sites, like rediit, have been spotty for me, with grainy video at times. is that just my experience or is that common?

3 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I think if you can get direct tv satelite installed you cant get sunday ticket through direct tv. am i wrong?

what is the delay? using third part streaming sites, like rediit, have been spotty for me, with grainy video at times. is that just my experience or is that common?

The delay is due to going thru other servers etc.  I've timed it to sometimes almost 2 minutes.

I have to silence my cell phone cuz my brothers will be texting about a great play before I get to see it!  LOL.

Yes they can be grainy.  It depends on the stream.  Some are much better than others.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The delay is due to going thru other servers etc.  I've timed it to sometimes almost 2 minutes.

I have to silence my cell phone cuz my brothers will be texting about a great play before I get to see it!  LOL.

Yes they can be grainy.  It depends on the stream.  Some are much better than others.

Thank you for the feedback. That delay part makes sense. As far as the ROKU Direct tv/Sunday ticket thing. Can someone buy that with just a ROKU? or is it denied if you arent a direct tv satelite subscriber?

Just now, mykidsdad said:

Thank you for the feedback. That delay part makes sense. As far as the ROKU Direct tv/Sunday ticket thing. Can someone buy that with just a ROKU? or is it denied if you arent a direct tv satelite subscriber?

I got Roku too.  You can turn on ST if you are approved for streaming thru DTV only.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I truly can't wait until this is behind us. Us out of towners desperately need a la carte or "follow your team" legitimate/legal/reliable streaming option... with a good frame rate so it doesn't look like streaming.

At some point someone will finally outbid DirecTV for the rights to ST.  Hopefully it will be Verizon and I can get it on FIOS.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

If you have a trustworthy VPN, you can buy NFL Gamepass for $200.

Actually you can get it for $100 - put your location to India and it's $100. At least that was the case last year.

Edited by loedward22
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

At some point someone will finally outbid DirecTV for the rights to ST.  Hopefully it will be Verizon and I can get it on FIOS.

The NFL is crazy not to do what the NHL is doing with Center Ice.

I can sign up for Center Ice @NHL.com and turn on the app on my Roku.