Can out of market Bills fans see Bills games using CBS All Access + a VPN??

Special K

14 hours ago, CBD said:

There was an article i read, although i'm unsure how reliable, that AT&T/Directv is opening the Sunday Ticket streaming option up to some individuals who don't match their previous requirements (College Student or apartment building where dish access is unavailable). This was mostly in urban areas where Satellite TV is losing their customer base.

Below is the link to give it a shot. 

https://nflst.directv.com/

I use it and it works fine. It’s still a little pricey though.

Edited by vincec

13 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

unless im missing something people who live in a residence that can get a satelite dish on the roof, cant get the roku app. 

https://nflst.directv.com/roku

Add apt a or 1 in unit under the address and I expect your address becomes magically eligible.

Maybe not, but I expect there is someway around it.

ive been only streaming dtv for a long time. I thought they relaxed the overall service requirement. But it sounds like not in your case. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Add apt a or 1 in unit under the address and I expect your address becomes magically eligible.

Maybe not, but I expect there is someway around it.

ive been only streaming dtv for a long time. I thought they relaxed the overall service requirement. But it sounds like not in your case. 

I would love to get this to work. Tried the unit number thing. No go. But it was a food thought.

1 hour ago, mykidsdad said:

I would love to get this to work. Tried the unit number thing. No go. But it was a food thought.

yeah you are correct. The only reason I can still get it is Because my townhouse address from a couple of years ago is still in the system. Better not change that. Silly they won’t take the money people are willing to pay for the streaming service.

i felt like they walked backward to become less restrictive and now they’ve come back. 

maybe the only other work around is find an apartment address in your zip code and try to use that and pay cc on line? 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Silly they won’t take the money people are willing to pay for the streaming service.

That's because their lasting revenue stream is in the equipment.  They don't care about your subscription to the Ticket unless that's the only money they can get out of you.

43 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yeah you are correct. The only reason I can still get it is Because my townhouse address from a couple of years ago is still in the system. Better not change that. Silly they won’t take the money people are willing to pay for the streaming service.

i felt like they walked backward to become less restrictive and now they’ve come back. 

maybe the only other work around is find an apartment address in your zip code and try to use that and pay cc on line? 

The billing address from the Credit Card has to match the address the service is from. 

5 minutes ago, CBD said:

The billing address from the Credit Card has to match the address the service is from. 

for some reason mine continued to work years since I’ve moved. I can only guess is because they only do zip validation. Working around similar business systems, I’ve seen where zip, card number and expiration are good enough for cc validation. We will see if it just took a couple years to work through or not soon as auto renew is coming due. 

On 8/24/2020 at 12:48 PM, Rocky Landing said:

I'm not really sure (my wife writes all the checks), but I believe it's the same price as it is on DirectTV. Not cheap, but reliable. I think there are also different options available.

From what I have found looks like you still need a direcTV account to be eligible to stream Sunday Ticket through Roku.

On 8/24/2020 at 3:52 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I truly can't wait until this is behind us. Us out of towners desperately need a la carte or "follow your team" legitimate/legal/reliable streaming option... with a good frame rate so it doesn't look like streaming.

That may happen.  But what would the cost be?   Are you willing to pay $15/game to stream like you described?

On 8/24/2020 at 2:31 PM, T&C said:

The NFL app shows live Bills games on your phone and I guess a chromebook too. If no chromebook I wonder if there is a way to mirror them to a laptop or tv.

If you can get the games on your phone and have a Samsung phone and TV, you can use the SmartView function in the 2nd page of the toolbar.  Works great.  Good luck !

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, gomper said:

If you can get the games on your phone and have a Samsung phone and TV, you can use the SmartView function in the 2nd page of the toolbar.  Works great.  Good luck !

Samsung phone and Roku TV.... I'll experiment it seems quite a bit this year. I do have a solid for watching the Bills games but this is different. Thank you for the post.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2020 at 10:31 AM, buffalonian said:

I have a kid in college who is going to get the directv streaming Sunday Ticket.  Does anyone know whether that streaming service has a DVR function or whether you can start games on a delay?  Thanks. 

Gamepass is where you can watch all the 'taped' games (24 hrs after).  Is only 50 bucks add-on if selected with Sunday Ticket U - not sure if you can get that price after you already signed up

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/28/2020 at 1:08 PM, mattynh said:

That may happen.  But what would the cost be?   Are you willing to pay $15/game to stream like you described?

Yes definately, that would be a discount from the price Directv is currently charging for Sunday Ticket.