Can out of market Bills fans see Bills games using CBS All Access + a VPN??

Special K

As someone who has to go to a sports bar to see my Bills on Sundays, and knowing that is not going to be an option this year, I am looking to find ways to see as many Bills games as possible from home.

I don't have DirecTV, nor do I want it, so that's out.

I read in another thread where someone stated that you could use CBS All Access and a VPN to get Bills games from out of market areas.  Is this possible?....and if so, I was hoping a more tech savvy person than me could explain what one would have to do to make this work?

Any feedback on this would be helpful to the many Bills fans around the country who won't be able to see the Bills as easily as they did prior to Covid-19. Thanks in advance!!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Special K said:

As someone who has to go to a sports bar to see my Bills on Sundays, and knowing that is not going to be an option this year, I am looking to find ways to see as many Bills games as possible from home.

I read in another thread where someone stated that you could use CBS All Access and a VPN to get Bills games from out of market areas.  Is this possible?....and if so, I was hoping a more tech savvy person than me could explain what one would have to do to make this work?

Any feedback on this would be helpful to the many Bills fans around the country who won't be able to see the Bills as easily as they did prior to Covid-19. Thanks in advance!!

Several restaurant chains in central Florida are open with limited seating and show NFL Ticket every Sunday.  Try Cody's Roadhouse, RJ Gators, Wing House, or Buffalo Wild Wings.

19 minutes ago, Special K said:

If your VPN doesn't bounce you to a Buffalo area server location, you still won't get the "local" Bills games.  Scope out how many servers you can link to with a VPN and where first.

If your VPN doesn't bounce you to a Buffalo area server location, you still won't get the "local" Bills games.  Scope out how many servers you can link to with a VPN and where first

Or Rochester NY or the the market of the opposing team servers  

Does Toronto TV show Bills games ?  Dont think so.

Streaming is also an option....check out Dofu sports app from the apple or google store...streams all the major pro and college sports...for do I dare say...for free...

57 minutes ago, Special K said:

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If your VPN doesn't bounce you to a Buffalo area server location, you still won't get the "local" Bills games.  Scope out how many servers you can link to with a VPN and where first.

Instead of "reddit" I'm thinking of doing CBS All Access/VPN myself this year.

I was told that SlickVPN has Buffalo servers and I checked and they do!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, T&C said:

The NFL app shows live Bills games on your phone and I guess a chromebook too. If no chromebook I wonder if there is a way to mirror them to a laptop or tv.

Wait what's this?  Are the games live?  Can you cast the NFL app from phone to TV?

33 minutes ago, T&C said:

The NFL app shows live Bills games on your phone and I guess a chromebook too. If no chromebook I wonder if there is a way to mirror them to a laptop or tv.

They show whatever game is on your local TV.  Not all Bills games unless you live in WNY.

22 minutes ago, saundena said:

Wait what's this?  Are the games live?  Can you cast the NFL app from phone to TV?

The games are live but its not just the Bills, its other games too. To me "cast" and "mirror" are the same thing and to be honest I don't know, have never tried it.

If we are playing at the same time as say the Jets, sometimes I put their game on my phone if it is a close match. I suppose it will depend on where one lives... I'm in Florida so nowhere near to back home.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They show whatever game is on your local TV.  Not all Bills games unless you live in WNY.

No sir, I've had a choice between 6-7 different games on the app.

Edited by T&C

I wouldn't lock into a contract, just in case it technically falls apart on you. Maybe CBS is month to month..

I know my VPN is spotty with streaming services. Sometimes it works, sometimes you want to pull your hair out.

Also.. I suspect VPN IP addresses are known to security professionals and are blocked. I know I can't online bank through the VPN, I have to shut it down before the bank allows me to connect (yes, that kind of defeats the reason to have a VPN, oui?). Maybe CBS blocks VPNs.

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Not if people keep making threads about it! :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

I have a Roku tv... had no Idea. How much is it?

I'm not really sure (my wife writes all the checks), but I believe it's the same price as it is on DirectTV. Not cheap, but reliable. I think there are also different options available.

• Thank you (+1) 1