Checking in on Jets: O-Line and WRs STRUGGLING

Rigotz

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-defense-dominates-jets-camp-20200820-2mg5wba7nnhfpbvmdprnuturhy-story.html

3 weeks until we play them week 1. Should be a fun game for our defense.

Josh and the Offense will need to step up to beat a tough Jets Defense. If they can do that, we will likely start off 1-0.

step up.....you mean play better than the jets? Sorry but just tired of cliches

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

step up.....you mean play better than the jets? Sorry but just tired of cliches

My man ... if you're complaining on a message board that someone wrote "step up" ... I think it's time to go outside.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Isn't it normal for the defense to do better in the preseason/training camp?  There's threads every year about every team's offense being in trouble because it takes them longer to get up to speed than the defense.

True. But this is also the Jets. A garbage team, full of garbage players and coaches. Hearing anything regarding their suffering, should bring joy and elation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

True. But this is also the Jets. A garbage team, full of garbage players and coaches. Hearing anything regarding their suffering, should bring joy and elation.

I wouldn't say the Jets are a garbage team.  They played us tough week 1 of last year and Sam Darnold finished out the Season 5-2.  If we come out flat with little urgency, go dormant for a half or simply play sloppy with the football we can lose this game.

I most certainly believe we are a better team, but as a division opponent they will play us tough... and with a chip on their shoulders since our Bills have been the media darlings of 2020 in the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills are the better team and should win. If this were a normal year I would definitely say they will be 1-0. Since their was no real off-season, no preseason games, I would imagine picking winners for every game early in the year will be challenging. I expect the games to look sloppy like preseason games do. It wouldn't shock me if bad teams upset good teams especially in Sept when everyone is trying to get back into the habit of playing football.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, saundena said:

I wouldn't say the Jets are a garbage team.  They played us tough week 1 of last year and Sam Darnold finished out the Season 5-2.  If we come out flat with little urgency, go dormant for a half or simply play sloppy with the football we can lose this game.

I most certainly believe we are a better team, but as a division opponent they will play us tough... and with a chip on their shoulders since our Bills have been the media darlings of 2020 in the AFCE.

They’ve also lost their 2 best players since then. This Jets team absolutely stinks. This is about a 4 win team. They have no weapons and a still developing (or questionable) OL. They lost Adams and Mosley as well. That is an awful football team. It is the type of team, that a good, well-prepared, team should beat by 3 scores. Fortunately, that’s what I expect to happen. If the Bills do not sweep the Jets this year it will be a massive failure. There is not one position group where the Jets are better.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

I actually liked what the Jets did for their Oline in the off season. It reminded me of what McBean did in 2019. They signed a high priced center to fill a big need, drafted a tackle up high, and then signed mostly mid level or lower contracts to round out the rest of the Oline and have some depth. 

But it seems to not be translating. I also think releasing Winters a decent player was a self inflicted wound.

52 minutes ago, saundena said:

If you play sloppy or without urgency in any game against any opponent you can easily lose in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I actually liked what the Jets did for their Oline in the off season. It reminded me of what McBean did in 2019. They signed a high priced center to fill a big need, drafted a tackle up high, and then signed mostly mid level or lower contracts to round out the rest of the Oline and have some depth. 

But it seems to not be translating. I also think releasing Winters a decent player was a self inflicted wound.

I didn't really like the guys they brought in as much but maybe that's my bias. Two huge things that might be holding them back is this weird offseason and when we did this we brought in our new OL coach who really seems to have it together.

• Like (+1) 1

Had sirius XM nfl radio on the other day in my office. Brady Quinn was on and got asked the question of which units would suffer the most from not having a regular offseason. Without hesitation he stated it would be offensive line.... The jets and their 4 or 5 new starters immediately came to mind. Our D should be licking their chops for that matchup.

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

And in any other season it may very well have panned out..... but then we had a pandemic and no offseason programs.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

My man ... if you're complaining on a message board that someone wrote "step up" ... I think it's time to go outside.

If he doesn't like 'step up', maybe he should 'step off'.  ?  This has the makings of a 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' episode.