Training camp 8/24

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sounds like Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie are starting to pull away at the 5th and 6th WR spots.

The question is whether or not they think they can get Hodgins and/or Duke onto the practice squad.

I don’t think getting Hodgins onto the practice squad will be very difficult. He’s a late round pick and there is no new film on him. I would find it hard to believe that he would pick a different team to sign with as well-he knows the system here so it is MUCH more likely he will play here than anywhere else. Honestly the same can probably be said about Duke...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sounds like Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie are starting to pull away at the 5th and 6th WR spots.

The question is whether or not they think they can get Hodgins and/or Duke onto the practice squad.

I think those are spots 4 & 5. Davis is much more likely to make the team than Roberts (for example). The Bills may keep 7 this year but I think Roberts is on the bubble if it’s 6. They just have too many talented receivers to keep a pure punt returner (albeit a very good one). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I don’t think getting Hodgins onto the practice squad will be very difficult. He’s a late round pick and there is no new film on him. I would find it hard to believe that he would pick a different team to sign with as well-he knows the system here so it is MUCH more likely he will play here than anywhere else. Honestly the same can probably be said about Duke...

Duke Williams is coming off a playoff game where he was targeted 10 times. The production may be limited but there are some teams out there with such bad receivers he’d get a look. If you are the rebuilding Jets would you rather take a shot on Duke or Hogan? No, this isn’t my usual shot at Hogan. The point is they are a bad, rebuilding football team. A career, decent receiver, in his 30’s makes less sense than Duke. The same holds true for the Pats. They have bums in their receiving room. Duke could be a situational player there tomorrow, with some upside. You can go around the league and find A LOT of places that Duke could play. A lot of depth is a good problem for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think those are spots 4 & 5. Davis is much more likely to make the team than Roberts (for example). The Bills make keep 7 this year but I think Roberts is on the bubble if it’s 6. They just have too many talented receivers to keep a pure punt returner (albeit a very good one). 

We shall have to agree to disagree on this one, Mr Jackson.

I do not believe that Roberts' roster spot is in jeopardy.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

We shall have to agree to disagree on this one, Mr Jackson.

I do not believe that Roberts' roster spot is in jeopardy.

I don’t think it is because he’s a bad player. I also think that he’s a lock if they go to 7. He’s certainly less of a lock than Davis though. He is probably the 5th most likely “receiver” at this point. I’d say that he is more likely than McKenzie who would be next and Duke/Hodgins after that. Hodgins probably can get to the PS which may make Duke a little more expendable. They could also trade one of Roberts/McKenzie/Duke. If the Bills do stick to 6 though Roberts is competing with McKenzie, Duke, and Hodgins for 2 roster spots. At that point it is probably one of McKenzie or Roberts and one of Duke or Hodgins. Roberts only averaged 4.4 touches per game INCLUDING his returns. They may decide, with the kickoff rules as they are, to use that spot on someone who is more of an offensive threat. Again, I think Roberts makes the team but he certainly isn’t in stone with the way that the back of this receiver depth chart (including him) is performing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, for Allen, the facial hair growth needs to go.

For McDermott to say the fan attendance thing is "ridiculous" is very telling. He's usually much more measured in his responses to things, so for him to say something is ridiculous tells you he's pretty upset about it.

Disagree.  Training camp is the time you try things. I always shave my head for camp and stopped shaving.  You’re around gross dudes so who cares.  

and McDemott is 100% right.  There needs to be a league policy.  It’s idiotic not to but then again, the nfl is run by dumb people. 

I think Duke Williams will be a starting receiver in this league, but not here. He has the pedigree, great size, great strength, great hands. Problem is he has to either start or play special teams.

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Why? You don’t think she’s cute?  she’s adorable...nothing sexier than a cute girl that knows her football ?

Not even in the least, but to each their own I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Why? You don’t think she’s cute?  she’s adorable...nothing sexier than a cute girl that knows her football ?

It’s funny because I had an ex girlfriend who hated football and would just be miserable watching it.  Then I dated a new girl who loved football and knew more about it than me (basically like the Bill Belichick of women ?) and I kinda hated that too.  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1