Training camp 8/24

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Do you guys want reporters or groupies?   Some of you are complaining  about tweet you could win a lot of games with Josh playing that way.  

This is like how people choose what news network they want because it just reinforces what they believe.  It’s ok to just have news reported without any bias.  

They are giving opinions, not just reporting news.  To "just have news reported" they would give only the facts of the practice.

When you get into good/bad or "spectacular" or not, you bring in bias.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

They are giving opinions, not just reporting news.  To "just have news reported" they would give only the facts of the practice.

When you get into good/bad or "spectacular" or not, you bring in bias.

I guess but there was literally not a thing to object to that tweet.  I know some fans don’t want to hear it but maybe the guy who is a 56% passer isn’t the most accurate qb all the time.  He is inconsistent.  He will have good and bad days.  But some are so sensitive to hearing about a bad day or that he isn’t awesome all the time.  

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean who knows but if he's already competing for 2nd best WR with Brown in his first camp then he'd could push Beasley during the season and definitely by next offseason.

Very true, very true.. Gabe Davis seems to be blowing up so far in camp.. Good problem to have, good problem to have.. Looks like we got 4 starting caliber WRs.. It certainly could happen, I wouldn’t rule that out.. 

I think it’ll be:

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Davis

Roberts

McKenzie

Hodgins

I think we keep 7. Hodgins should not go on the PS.. he’ll get scooped up.. we have to shield him from that.. he’ll probably be a healthy scratch each week.. he’s surprisingly had a pretty encouraging camp so far.. and I think he is a better prospect than Duke Williams.. 5 years younger and on a dirt cheap contract.. McKenzie is the obligatory trick play/gadget play master.. still young enough to groom, cheap contract.. Roberts has too much value as a return man to not make the roster... he is head and shoulders the best return man on the roster and probably the best STs player we have in general..

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I guess but there was literally not a thing to object to that tweet.  I know some fans don’t want to hear it but maybe the guy who is a 56% passer isn’t the most accurate qb all the time.  He is inconsistent.  He will have good and bad days.  But some are so sensitive to hearing about a bad day or that he isn’t awesome all the time.  

I'm amazed at how much mileage you get out of fans wanting to hear good things about their team.  Shocking!

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I'm amazed at how much mileage you get out of fans wanting to hear good things about their team.  Shocking!

For somebody who claims to not take the Bills so seriously any more, Biscuit sure does get his panties in a wad in a heartbeat.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Disagree.  Training camp is the time you try things. I always shave my head for camp and stopped shaving.  You’re around gross dudes so who cares.  

and McDemott is 100% right.  There needs to be a league policy.  It’s idiotic not to but then again, the nfl is run by dumb people. 

yep.  I’m firmly in the “let people in at a reduced capacity with the proper precautions” camp, but it’s a not-insignificant competitive advantage if a team who is allowed live fans plays a team who isn’t.

(Well, except for the Dolphins and Chargers since usually the road team has more fans there anyways... har har)

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Thad just can’t help himself. Even while complimenting Josh, he can’t just leave it there. Has to take his customary swipe. 

He’s that certain brand of tool...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, for Allen, the facial hair growth needs to go.

For McDermott to say the fan attendance thing is "ridiculous" is very telling. He's usually much more measured in his responses to things, so for him to say something is ridiculous tells you he's pretty upset about it.

Why can't the Bills have 15,000 people in a stadium that fits almost 5 times that many?  Is there something about the Corona Virus in WNY that is worse then everywhere else in our country?  I don't live up there so someone please explain why other places will have fans but WNY can not.  I thought the point of wearing a mask is so that people will feel more comfortable being around others.  

4 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Why can't the Bills have 15,000 people in a stadium that fits almost 5 times that many?  Is there something about the Corona Virus in WNY that is worse then everywhere else in our country?  I don't live up there so someone please explain why other places will have fans but WNY can not.  I thought the point of wearing a mask is so that people will feel more comfortable being around others.  

Unfortunately, WNY is in the midst of a little "uptick" in cases so I'm guessing the timing isn't right for Cuomo to allow fans.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Duke Williams is coming off a playoff game where he was targeted 10 times. The production may be limited but there are some teams out there with such bad receivers he’d get a look. If you are the rebuilding Jets would you rather take a shot on Duke or Hogan? No, this isn’t my usual shot at Hogan. The point is they are a bad, rebuilding football team. A career, decent receiver, in his 30’s makes less sense than Duke. The same holds true for the Pats. They have bums in their receiving room. Duke could be a situational player there tomorrow, with some upside. You can go around the league and find A LOT of places that Duke could play. A lot of depth is a good problem for the Bills.

I just have to resign to my self that one of these WR's is gonna be dropped and picked up by another team.....went from having not enoough to too many

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

McDermott wanted some veteran presence in each position group when he and Beane were restructuring the entire team.

Most of that is over with.  Not saying that Roberts makes the team or not but the Bills got a large number of guys over 30 already

and I expect to see a number of them leaving in the next 2 years.

The thing is.....we have that vet presence now without McKenzie or Roberts.....

Brining in a legit 1 in Diggs and Having Brown and Beasely under contract has made that happen.......we are going to lose a WR we all like here I think

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just have to resign to my self that one of these WR's is gonna be dropped and picked up by another team.....went from having not enoough to too many

Brining in a legit 1 in Diggs and Having Brown and Beasely under contract has made that happen.......we are going to lose a WR we all like here I think

It’s the same way with the OL, the DL, potentially the TEs and maybe even the safeties. The Bills have more nfl caliber players than they do roster spots.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

At the risk of revealing my sexual orientation, Josh ain’t got nothing on Maddy in shorts.

F89BAE1E-379C-4698-A6A7-9A388A8E14B7.jpeg

I’m really perplexed by all of this Maddy Glabb love. She’s a 6 on her wedding day. 

• Haha (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If these young guys are really all that good, I wouldn’t be surprised if Beasley is the odd man out, contract permitting.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Figster said:

This Gabriel Davis fella came to play.

From the training camp reports it sounds like the WR group has been the best position group other than the secondary. I hope they find a way to get Davis on the field this year, maybe in 4 WR sets.