Training camp 8/24

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, for Allen, the facial hair growth needs to go.

For McDermott to say the fan attendance thing is "ridiculous" is very telling. He's usually much more measured in his responses to things, so for him to say something is ridiculous tells you he's pretty upset about it.

True.

Frankly, I agree with him. 

The competitive imbalance between a team having no fans and a team having 15,000 fans is huge.

As weird as it might seem to do so on the surface, I suggest that the NFL measure the average sound output of 15,000 fans and pipe the equivalent decibels of fan noise into the stadiums without fans to rectify the imbalance.

• Like (+1) 4

52 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Davis is going to be a Stud.  Look out Beasley someone coming for your snaps.

22 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I think he'll be groomed to take over for Brown in a couple years. He's more of an outside guy, not a slot. He could line up there occasionally, but I see outside mostly.

I actually think that it might be a little of both. There are times that they can kick Diggs into the slot and play Gabe Davis wide. Over the next few years though he may follow Brown as the outside guy opposite Diggs. I think they’re going to try to get the kid 10-15 snaps a game though. Obviously an injury and that number will rise.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

True.

Frankly, I agree with him. 

The competitive imbalance between a team having no fans and a team having 15,000 fans is huge.

As weird as it might seem to do so on the surface, I suggest that the NFL measure the average sound output of 15,000 fans and pipe the equivalent decibels of fan noise into the stadiums without fans to rectify the imbalance.

Plus, if I’m not mistaken teams keep 100% of gate receipts, not much but this year every little bit will help.