Fish will have 13K fans for opener v. Bills

eball

56 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

11SCI-VIRUS-TRACKER1-mediumSquareAt3X.jp

Maybe letting it rip through was a poor choice of words.  I mean I could do the hindsight is 20/20 thing like everyone seems to do these days but I'm not that type of person. The chart we've seen over and over again is basically a mirror of the NY death chart.  They got slammed early and it's helped them get to the other side of this thing faster.  IMO.  I don't think anyone should be following them as a guide.

For months we were told that the goal here is to get to the Blue curve, and not to be the red curve.  New York ends up in a red curve situation, and Florida ends up in the blue curve situation; yet, somehow, New York is the success story.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

So the virus declining isn't good news here? Beats the alternative. 

No one said declining infection rates were not good news. My comment was in response to it being states that Florida was under a 5% infection rate and that was a supporting reason to justify that having 13k fans attend a game in Miami was a good idea.

Also, grow up and read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Then come back and discuss with the adults.

Just now, Westside Madness said:

No one said declining infection rates were not good news. My comment was in response to it being states that Florida was under a 5% infection rate and that was a supporting reason to justify that having 13k fans attend a game in Miami was a good idea.

I'm pretty sure I stated facts but how is this for confusion and over hype,  read the last sentence Sir...this has been the narrative for the past month. 

State officials have tallied 602,829 COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began, according to reports from the Florida Department of Health.

As of Sunday, 10,534 have died from the disease, including 72 additional people reported Monday. The total also includes 137 people who live elsewhere but died in Florida.

The daily total does not reflect deaths that occurred in the past 24 hours, but over recent weeks.

Just now, BUFFALOTONE said:

I'm pretty sure I stated facts but how is this for confusion and over hype,  read the last sentence Sir...this has been the narrative for the past month. 

State officials have tallied 602,829 COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began, according to reports from the Florida Department of Health.

As of Sunday, 10,534 have died from the disease, including 72 additional people reported Monday. The total also includes 137 people who live elsewhere but died in Florida.

The daily total does not reflect deaths that occurred in the past 24 hours, but over recent weeks.

Now you are changing your data. Your OP discussed positivity rates not mortality rates. Don't move the goal posts now...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts#:~:text=Moving the goalposts (or shifting,side an advantage or disadvantage.

Your basis for supporting fans in the stadium was that the positivity rate for Florida is under 5%. Your were incorrect. Then additionally, in the specific area, Miami-Dade, the positivity rate is almost double that rate. That was bonus material.

So, this data (of which you don't supply a source), doesn't support your original position as it is a different topic. Just accept that you were wrong and that it is irresponsible for the Miami Dolphins to have 13k fans attend a game in an area that just recently dropped below a 10% positivity rate.

2 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

Now you are changing your data. Your OP discussed positivity rates not mortality rates. Don't move the goal posts now...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts#:~:text=Moving the goalposts (or shifting,side an advantage or disadvantage.

Your basis for supporting fans in the stadium was that the positivity rate for Florida is under 5%. Your were incorrect. Then additionally, in the specific area, Miami-Dade, the positivity rate is almost double that rate. That was bonus material.

So, this data (of which you don't supply a source), doesn't support your original position as it is a different topic. Just accept that you were wrong and that it is irresponsible for the Miami Dolphins to have 13k fans attend a game in an area that just recently dropped below a 10% positivity rate.

These are the facts that the Sun Sentinel has been laying out for weeks, the information contradicts itself entirely and has been for months...the info you post is the same skewed source my man. 

1 minute ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

These are the facts that the Sun Sentinel has been laying out for weeks, the information contradicts itself entirely and has been for months...the info you post is the same skewed source my man. 

So, you make a statement stating figures from sources you don't trust, but you only acknowledge that you don't trust these sources when someone states figures that contradict what you posted.

Got it.

I have work to do, I have no more time for this childish game. I think my point has been made. Have a great day.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

11SCI-VIRUS-TRACKER1-mediumSquareAt3X.jp

Maybe letting it rip through was a poor choice of words.  I mean I could do the hindsight is 20/20 thing like everyone seems to do these days but I'm not that type of person. The chart we've seen over and over again is basically a mirror of the NY death chart.  They got slammed early and it's helped them get to the other side of this thing faster.  IMO.  I don't think anyone should be following them as a guide.

So, NYS protective measures helped them get to the other side.....but it's no a model that other states could use (MONTHS later) to prevent getting slammed? 

That's not a very persuasive argument.

49 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Miami Dade has the most dense population in the state so its not surprising, however you're completely wrong on the elective surgeries they only stopped at the beginning of the pandemic from March to May, otherwise they have been open. Furthermore two hospitals in Broward and Dade handle 90% of the Covid cases for their respective counties. Again, these hospitals are not over run and have plenty of hands on deck to help. We are beating it back, the virus made its way south, we were shut down as much as anyone for 2 1/2 months. Mid June and July was tough but we are doing just fine....

We knew it was at the door? We protected our most vulnerable and did our part, the virus spread due to the younger demographic etc 

Jackson Memorial again halted elective surgery on July 6th; many other South Florida hospitals followed suit.  This, as in NYS, resulted in massive losses (twice) to hospitals--hence the layoffs.  Up in Rochester, we have been back to an elective schedule for 3 months and are at over 100% precovid case numbers---yet still the hospital system has not brought back all the furloughed workers.

Florida did not "shut down as much as anyone" (seriously?).  In fact, your fearless leader, as cases really started their massive summer rise in June proudly proclaimed that they were not shutting down--that this was just a "blip" due to "more testing" (ignoring the increase in positive rate of course).  He plowed on with the reopening despite the incidence increasing, famously crowing about his "safe, smart, step by step" reopening plan.  As the numbers trended up and up he said: "we are not shutting down...we are not rolling back."

Soon Florida was seeing 10-15,00 cases per day.  He did ban alcohol in bars again.  But restaurants, beaches, stores, etc were open while the numbers went through the roof.

In late Spring, NYC had seen a decrease in daily deaths to under 100.  As Summer began, and as Florida was entering a massive increase in cases and deaths, NYC remained flat--at under 30 a day--where is remains.  Contrast that to what was allowed to happen in Florida this Summer--and it's predictably bad outcome.

Protected the most vulnerable....how?  The disease is spreading through the younger positives, who, taking their governor's lead, have done whatever they pleased this summer.  The vast majority of deaths occurred after July 5th.  Who were those patients dying?  The "younger demographic"?  Obviously not.  It was "the most vulnerable".

All preventable.

59 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

You sound very angry.  Getting personal and using derogatory/denigrating terms really helps out your argument.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Based on the many times I have been in Miami to watch the Bills, at least half will be Bills fans.  They should have the stadium to themselves by half time.  Miami fans bail fast when the score isn't going their way.

I was gonna say....if there is ANY stadium/team that gets to have fans whereas we don't, I'd choose Miami. Always tons of Bills fans there.

God they must LOVE that!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

I'm fine with this, but it does make me frustrated if we have to open with no fans.

13k in a stadium that size may as well be. Once you start skipping seats and rows it’s going to look ridiculous even by their standards and won’t be any noise with maybe 6k total in the lower bowl (if that with the first several rows also under tarp)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

13k in a stadium that size may as well be. Once you start skipping seats and rows it’s going to look ridiculous even by their standards and won’t be any noise with maybe 6k total in the lower bowl (if that with the first several rows also under tarp)

Disagree.. I think seeing some fans in the stands, no matter how scarce, will help the players mentally.

2 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

So, you make a statement stating figures from sources you don't trust, but you only acknowledge that you don't trust these sources when someone states figures that contradict what you posted.

Got it.

I have work to do, I have no more time for this childish game. I think my point has been made. Have a great day.

I didn’t get the 5% figure from the local news but rather a weekly testing report that’s used for Covid tracking and tracing, I will try and link it. I’m not on the internet to be right like you, grow up buddy I’m here for a simple conversation. 

Just now, SCBills said:

Disagree.. I think seeing some fans in the stands, no matter how scarce, will help the players mentally.

Not sure.

having attended bad college games in pro stadiums. It’s a very uncomfortable presentation to have 10-20k, yet alone forcing them to actually spread out and not just bunch in the lower bowl as close as possible.

something like this only goes so far for energy:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsnaut.com/2017/11/look-levis-stadium-pretty-much-empty-49ers-game/amp/