Singletary vs Moss

Tipster19

33 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Kamara has elite route running ability and speed, the one quality our backs don't have. There are still plenty of options for featuring both our guys though. 

No doubt Singletary doesn't have the speed of Kamara, but he runs great routes. He gets open very well for an RB, but he did drop a few passes last year he should have caught. 

38 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Kamara has elite route running ability and speed, the one quality our backs don't have. There are still plenty of options for featuring both our guys though. 

Point well taken but what I like about the Bills’ offense is the potential of it. Having a big mobile QB like Josh who can sling it down the field to WRs  like Diggs and Brown and in addition a couple of pass catching TEs sure can open up the box for a couple of elusive power RBs who can catch out of the backfield make elite speed not quite as important to the Bills as it may be to some other teams’ offenses that are not quite so diverse as the Bills’. Someone earlier mentioned Christian Wade for the “home run” ability. I like that idea the more I think about it because why would the Bills keep such a project on the roster if they aren’t planning on using him?

I don't know the number but I think it was more than once where Josh scored the TD after they tried numerous times with Gore and failed.  Moss gets those carries I think,  less Josh TDs and more Moss.  Singletary not likely to be the first or second choice down close, imo.  

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Which one will have the better FFL outlook?

Just did a fantasy draft and got Singletary, Diggs, and Josh Allen all well below their ADP. I'm expecting Singletary to be a good RB2 this year. I have Kamara as my RB1.

Also picked up Leveon Bell way below his ADP, but that's more of a risky pick.

13 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I don't know the number but I think it was more than once where Josh scored the TD after they tried numerous times with Gore and failed.  Moss gets those carries I think,  less Josh TDs and more Moss.  Singletary not likely to be the first or second choice down close, imo.

Yeah, Allen takes a lot of goal line touches from the running backs, and Moss should get some too, but Singletary will likely be used more in the passing game and will be valuable in PPR leagues, I'd bet.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:10 AM, TheBeaneBandit said:

Kamara was a 3rd round pick too and somewhat of a surprise when he broke out as a player. No reason Singletary and / or Moss can't break out as well, although neither of them have elite speed.

On 8/26/2020 at 8:59 AM, Tipster19 said:

Point well taken but what I like about the Bills’ offense is the potential of it. Having a big mobile QB like Josh who can sling it down the field to WRs  like Diggs and Brown and in addition a couple of pass catching TEs sure can open up the box for a couple of elusive power RBs who can catch out of the backfield make elite speed not quite as important to the Bills as it may be to some other teams’ offenses that are not quite so diverse as the Bills’. Someone earlier mentioned Christian Wade for the “home run” ability. I like that idea the more I think about it because why would the Bills keep such a project on the roster if they aren’t planning on using him?

Because we can keep him and not use a roster, or practice squad spot or risk another team taking him. He’s a unique athlete with a unique designation.  Not keeping him would be stupid imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Its hard to prove yourself the way Singletary did in his rookie year

with that said Singletary probably will not get the same workload going forward, which will probably be the correct strategy to mix in a bunch of Moss as well.

Sucks for fantasy but best game theory for Bills winning.

2 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Its hard to prove yourself the way Singletary did in his rookie year

with that said Singletary probably will not get the same workload going forward, which will probably be the correct strategy to mix in a bunch of Moss as well.

Sucks for fantasy but best game theory for Bills winning.

He should get at least the same workload as last year, when he split reps with Gore.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Moss will end up as the lead back by season’s end.

Better pass blocker, better ball security.

If that is true, I will be very pleasantly surprised. I was VERY impressed by Singletary last year. It will take time for Moss to get up to speed, but if he can be the better option, we are better off for that level of competition. 

• Like (+1) 2