These Albums are 50 Years Old in 2020

T&C

18 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, I had it but not until the late 70's, import LP if I recall correctly, that and the 1st one.

I'm surprised that Iggy is still alive lol. 

On 8/24/2020 at 10:07 PM, Rico said:

He's 73, Keef is 76, may they live forever.

I wonder if that new movie with Seth Rogen where he plays a guy in modern day and his grandfather who was preserved in pickle brine was loosely based off of Iggy and Keith

We will find out they have been living in vats of pickle brine to preserve themselves all these years......

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

What's an album?

Several years ago I brought some albums to the soccer field to loan to another parent.

The kids asked "where did you get those huge CDs and how many minutes can they play?"

and now CDs  are in dinosaur land.

Of the OPs list I had 8 of those at one time.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Several years ago I brought some albums to the soccer field to loan to another parent.

The kids asked "where did you get those huge CDs and how many minutes can they play?"

CDs really are dinosaurs now. My new truck last year didn't even come with a CD player stock, it was an upgrade if you wanted one put in. They are now phasing it out for MP3s. I still buy CDs and used to listen to them once through in my truck then rip them to MP3s to replay in the truck.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Had no idea that CD's are on their way out... I have about 45 or so and love them for the car. Mostly a vinyl man so It's nice to see that coming back.

On 8/27/2020 at 6:59 PM, apuszczalowski said:

CDs really are dinosaurs now. My new truck last year didn't even come with a CD player stock, it was an upgrade if you wanted one put in. They are now phasing it out for MP3s. I still buy CDs and used to listen to them once through in my truck then rip them to MP3s to replay in the truck.

I keep my old desk top PC with CD burner so that I can transfer some of my more esoteric CDs to MP3s to stream in the car and everywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 5:52 PM, Nextmanup said:

For me, Zeppelin is all about albums 1-4.

There is a little worth mentioning on "Houses of the Holy" and then it went downhill pretty fast after that.

Of the first 4, core albums, 3 is the worst IMO.

I do love the original "spin wheel" thing built into the album jacket, however.

I guess I can't really put III over 4, but I like it more than 1 or 2.  I think for a lot of people the one weird song (Roy Harper) changed their perception and I think Since I've Been Lovin You is a great song that not a lot of people like.

It's crazy to think that so many classic rock 'n roll albums, including some pretty "hard" rock stuff, are now 50 years old.

Which is to say, they are older than WWII era big band music was, when I was growing up as a kid in the '70s.

And Big Band music always felt totally ancient and alien to me; a product of a completely different era.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's crazy to think that so many classic rock 'n roll albums, including some pretty "hard" rock stuff, are now 50 years old.

Which is to say, they are older than WWII era big band music was, when I was growing up as a kid in the '70s.

And Big Band music always felt totally ancient and alien to me; a product of a completely different era.

Rock 'n Roll is Big Band set to the guitar 🎸.  Big Band was Chuck Berry's generation. Paired down the  band  to 4-5, set it to the guitar, rest is history. He did it to pay the bills.