These Albums are 50 Years Old in 2020

T&C

Own or have owned all of them. Imo, if you go back or forward 4 years that was the massive take of the best music ever made. Plenty of exceptions for sure but to me that was the bulk part of it.

117848195_1816675261803698_4486346798551342623_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=g0HkW-KqB08AX_iVNau&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=86818adc0dd0ab45bf16604894f7c1b8&oe=5F6A2FB5

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Wow.....what a good year in music history. 

Amazing year.  Genius was in the water.  Some great bands best work. Workingmans Dead,All Things Must Pass, Cosmos Factory, ***** Brew, Deja Vu, etc, etc. No wonder Gen X has such excellent, diverse taste in music!

Herbie Mann- Muscle Shoals Nitty Gritty

The Stooges-Fun House

• Like (+1) 2

Only a few on there I don't care for... VU Loaded, they had shot their load with the first and second one.

The McCartney album was kind of lame to me, other than maybe I'm amazed. He did play all of the instruments on it though so I guess that makes it.

New Morning isn't a go to for me... maybe I should check it out again.

Have never been an Elton John fan... 

@Pete , way to get me going... and I was in a mellow mood lol: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have at least 3 of those listed.

But I have many that are that old and not listed.   W/o looking 3 off the top of my head. 

The Dark Side of the Moon and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - 3 years shy of 50.

Grand Funk Railroad Live Album

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

It doesn't surprise me much to hear those albums are 50 years old

I think it's more surprising to see how many bands/artists have multiple albums on the list. You don't see that often today outside of rappers/hip-hop artists and Taylor Swift where the music is mass produced on computers.....

11 hours ago, OGTEleven said:

Zep III is to me their most underrated album by far.  I rank it very high on their list but that doesn't seem to be the consensus.

It's different.........it's when Jimmy got into the "black magic" with Alister Crowley and Lord of the Rings. I don't listen to it often but I can agree it's underrated. 

20 hours ago, T&C said:

Only a few on there I don't care for... VU Loaded, they had shot their load with the first and second one.

The McCartney album was kind of lame to me, other than maybe I'm amazed. He did play all of the instruments on it though so I guess that makes it.

New Morning isn't a go to for me... maybe I should check it out again.

Have never been an Elton John fan... 

@Pete , way to get me going... and I was in a mellow mood lol: 

Down on the Street is one of baddest song’s ever recorded.  Rollins said it is music to fight and ***** to

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Down on the Street is one of baddest song’s ever recorded.  Rollins said it is music to fight and ***** to

To go a 180 from this I think James Taylor's Sweet Baby James came out in 70 too... always liked his earlier work, even with the Flying Machine.

19 hours ago, OGTEleven said:

Zep III is to me their most underrated album by far.  I rank it very high on their list but that doesn't seem to be the consensus.

For me, Zeppelin is all about albums 1-4.

There is a little worth mentioning on "Houses of the Holy" and then it went downhill pretty fast after that.

Of the first 4, core albums, 3 is the worst IMO.

I do love the original "spin wheel" thing built into the album jacket, however.

50 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

For me, Zeppelin is all about albums 1-4.

There is a little worth mentioning on "Houses of the Holy" and then it went downhill pretty fast after that.

Of the first 4, core albums, 3 is the worst IMO.

I do love the original "spin wheel" thing built into the album jacket, however.

No love for physical graffiti? That to me is the last great one...

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, T&C said:

No love for physical graffiti? That to me is the last great one...

one could argue Zepps best, for sheer volume of some of Zeppelins best music.  1,  2, Zoso, and Physical Graffiti are the 4 best IMO Then 3, In Through The Out Door, Houses of the Holy, Presence, in order, IMO

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

Great stuff but I think Loose should've been the opener.

Oh... I don't know... opening with Down on the Street really set the tone on that one. As an aside, if this one Was on the list, as it should be, it would be the one I never owned. That ***** was hard to find even 10 years later. I've seen it at shows but it was always crazy money.

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Oh... I don't know... opening with Down on the Street really set the tone on that one. As an aside, if this one Was on the list, as it should be, it would be the one I never owned. That ***** was hard to find even 10 years later. I've seen it at shows but it was always crazy money.

Yeah, I had it but not until the late 70's, import LP if I recall correctly, that and the 1st one.