Training Camp 8/23 - Allen, 5 others miss practice due to False positive Covid tests

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the protests are the cause of the summer outbreak. States were open and doing just fine pre protest. They started end of may and mid June you see the big spike.  To be very clear I support what they protested for but sadly there have been some very bad consequences.  

:doh:

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, arcane said:

America is doing fine. Properly normalizing testing and taking into account the vast geographic scope and varying cold/flu hope-simpson seasonality for different regions, only NY/NJ/Mass. were negative outliers, compared to other western nations with potentially comparable coronavirus exposures (comparing to Pacific rim countries is not fair) and even those regions didn't see the doom that Italy saw

The NFL should not be anywhere near as quick-twitch panicky as it's likely going to be

It's really not, though.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the protests are the cause of the summer outbreak. States were open and doing just fine pre protest. They started end of may and mid June you see the big spike.  To be very clear I support what they protested for but sadly there have been some very bad consequences.  

You really believe this?  I mean, really??  I just can’t anymore...??‍♂️?

I guess I’m not surprised based on the diarrhea you spray all over the shoutbox.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Nice blurb about Fromm from Sal.

"Rookie quarterback Jake Fromm looked to get much more comfortable as the week went on.  Initially, I felt he looked tentative and maybe even a bit overwhelmed.  But by the end of the week he seemed much more confident and decisive, making a few really nice throws in 7-on-7 and 11-on-11."

Jake would beat Barkley out in a typical preseason, I have no doubt. He may still. We know what Barkley is. Fromm’s floor is Barkley, who knows what his ceiling is. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You really believe this?  I mean, really??  I just can’t anymore...??‍♂️?

I guess I’m not surprised based on the diarrhea you spray all over the shoutbox.

what’s the problem?  You don’t see how Millions and millions of people out in close spaces could cause an outbreak weeks after the protests stated?  Again. I absolutely agreed with why they protested:  also it’s not like I made this up dr fauci said that the protests could cause more cases.  So I’m just listening to what he warned us against.

Edited by aristocrat

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

what’s the problem?  You don’t see how Millions and millions of people out in close spaces could cause an outbreak weeks after the protests stated?  Again. I absolutely agreed with why they protested:  also it’s not like I made this up dr fauci said that the protests could cause more cases.  So I’m just listening to what he warned us against.

Blah.. Don’t derail the thread with this stuff just dm each other and discuss. It’s talked about in so many places 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This is potentially one of the most important pickups this year.
    If we field a top 1-5 D, which I expect we will, having a kid who can come in and manage a few games is huge. I have little faith in Barkley.

If the bills have to play Barkley we are screwed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

what’s the problem?  You don’t see how Millions and millions of people out in close spaces could cause an outbreak weeks after the protests stated?  Again. I absolutely agreed with why they protested:  

This is all I will say to you because I know how dense you are.  Things were heading back to crap-tacular in the south well before 5/25 when George Floyd was murdered and the protests began.

Back to football.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

America is doing terrible. Stop with the pie in the sky stuff...it never should have gotten this bad after lockdown got the numbers down. Irresponsible reopening has caused this.

The idea that non-immunoligical legislation can make macroscopic impacts on this virus, short of having a finger on each and every one of 380 million people, is what is pie-in-the-sky. There is a reason that an abundance of pandemic planning literature advises against strict lockdowns. 

43 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Can we stay on topic @matter2003 and @arcane? This is about training camp not how US is and isnt handling it.

Apologies. It is tiresome seeing unscientific nonsense masquerading around as "science says!!! Reddit and bill Nye and IFLS facebook page told me!!!"

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Can we stay on topic @matter2003 and @arcane? This is about training camp not how US is and isnt handling it.

40 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's really not, though.

It really is. But I'm sure you have an unnormalized case graph treating the entire nation as one covid conglomerate saved and ready to go. Or are scouring midwit journalism as I type

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He is a rookie with no preseason...lets not kid ourselves if he has to play this year it will be a disaster.

Any games JA has to miss will suck.

If he were to miss 2 or 3 and we won one of them, I would be happy.

The kid has SOME talent and I would assume would only be expected to run a Ball control O. We have the skill position players on O for the first time in forever to win. 
If TT QBd us to a playoff appearance , Fromm  possibly isn’t the end of the world in short term service.

51 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

It’s hard to say exactly.... I will say this, the media was scared the protests would create a spike and positives would go up, large crowds, many with no masks(I mean that’s what’s causes it, large gatherings)... 3-4 weeks later, huge spike and they say it’s not due to protests? What changed? 

Also where I’m from, Panama City Beach FL, every other car is from out of state.... restaurants packed, beaches packed, streets packed... that’s been a problem as well...

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is ridiculous. TT is light years better than Barkley and no doubt Fromm. 

I’m considering the source of this wisdom???
From had 78 TDs in the SEC in 3 years while never going below 60 % completions.

TT had 44 TDs in the ACC in 4 years While never cracking 60% completions.

Pretty ridiculous on my part?

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, arcane said:

It really is. But I'm sure you have an unnormalized case graph treating the entire nation as one covid conglomerate saved and ready to go. Or are scouring midwit journalism as I type

No. I just have eyes and common sense and compassion.

175,000 dead Americans and counting, with no signs of the virus letting up any time soon. Still in the depths of dealing with this nightmare when nearly all other industrialized nations have, for the most part, moved past the worst of it.

If thats “doing fine” to you, then we simply fundamentally disagree on what “doing fine” means.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bust!

27 minutes ago, arcane said:

Apologies. It is tiresome seeing unscientific nonsense masquerading around as "science says!!! Reddit and bill Nye and IFLS facebook page told me!!!"

in this house, SCIENCE IS REAL!!!